+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply if my passport has old(different) address than my present address

NVG

Feb 18, 2012
I have old residence address on my passport. I have shifted to new home. Can I apply to Canada PR under skilled worker category with this passport or do I need to first change the address and then send my application?
Please advise.......

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
NVG said:
I have old residence address on my passport. I have shifted to new home. Can I apply to Canada PR under skilled worker category with this passport or do I need to first change the address and then send my application?
Please advise.......
Yes, u can.

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
Your address in passport make no difference for the application whatsoever.

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
I was (still am) in US when I applied for Canadian Immigration. At the time, my passport had my home country's home address. I never faced any issues with my application. Bottom line, you are good to go. No need to worry!

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NVG said:
Please advise.......
While applying for PR application you are not required to update the new address on the passport.

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
Only your actual address is relevant for visa office as you have a choice of applying in the visa office by your country of citizenship (for me Uzbekistan -> Moscow) or residence (for me China -> Beijing or Hong Kong).

KhushiPatel

May 15, 2018
Hi,
I have received my ITA and all my documents are ready to upload but somebody told me that as my passport has my previous residential address and i moved to the new one before 4 years and in the same city- i will need to update it now?
do i need to update- will my application with previous address lead to rejection?
also, i have mentioned my new address in address history section and my pcc is even clear. please help me.

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Hi,
I have received my ITA and all my documents are ready to upload but somebody told me that as my passport has my previous residential address and i moved to the new one before 4 years and in the same city- i will need to update it now?
do i need to update- will my application with previous address lead to rejection?
also, i have mentioned my new address in address history section and my pcc is even clear. please help me.
Shouldn't be a problem. You are good to go. Just mention all the addresses on the application.

KhushiPatel

May 15, 2018
ok. just for reference i got my passport issued in 2013 and moved to new place in 2014- not recently- its been 4 years i am living at my new home in the same city, so it is fine rightt?
Shouldn't be a problem. You are good to go. Just mention all the addresses on the application.[/QU

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
ok. just for reference i got my passport issued in 2013 and moved to new place in 2014- not recently- its been 4 years i am living at my new home in the same city, so it is fine rightt?
It's fine. I think you should start working on your PCC first as it would take sometime. You would have to provide your new addresses lease/ownership agreement papers.

KhushiPatel

May 15, 2018
It's fine. I think you should start working on your PCC first as it would take sometime. You would have to provide your new addresses lease/ownership agreement papers.
PCC is done- PCC does not show the address actually on paper.
my all documents are ready- i have to just upload them- but got stuck with this address thingy- so just wanted to confirm.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi,
Yup does not matter. Your passport bears the address when you first made the passport.. e.g. in a lot expat cases, passport issued by one country but the person is residing in an another country. Even if he/she renews the passport through the embassy of the country the address in your passport will bear the one of your home country only, even if your current residential address is now in an other country.

KhushiPatel

May 15, 2018
Yup does not matter. Your passport bears the address when you first made the passport.. e.g. in a lot expat cases, passport issued by one country but the person is residing in an another country. Even if he/she renews the passport through the embassy of the country the address in your passport will bear the one of your home country only, even if your current residential address is now in an other country.
yes but that is different countries and mine is same city so i got worried- i have got my PCC on new address and all documents are done so- and i got my passport issued in 2013 and moved to new place in 2014 but its been 4 years- so that won’t create an issue, right? i can upload my documents?

KhushiPatel

May 15, 2018
also, do i need to mention this in LOE or is it fine?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
also, do i need to mention this in LOE or is it fine?
My bad I was giving you a high level example that you did not understand with the other country example. Replace the other country just for thought with your city example...

The PCC since it has to be current dated has to be in your previous address
You will anyhow indicate as part of the PR application where all have you stayed in the last 10 yrs that will provide the case officer all the details what was your old address and what is the new address

No you dont need to mention anything just submit with the document you have mention in the PR application the present address that you are residing on. No changes no affidavit no loe nothing is required