+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for work permit extension from India?

saradakethar

May 4, 2022
Hi, my work permit (closed) is expiring soon in August 2022 and I wanted to know if it can be extended from outside Canada. My TRV expired and I applied for renewal on May 1, 2022, still awaiting approval. Since it is already mid-June, I am concerned if they will issue TRV before my work permit expires. My employer has offered to extend my contract which I can use to extend my work permit. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi, my work permit (closed) is expiring soon in August 2022 and I wanted to know if it can be extended from outside Canada. My TRV expired and I applied for renewal on May 1, 2022, still awaiting approval. Since it is already mid-June, I am concerned if they will issue TRV before my work permit expires. My employer has offered to extend my contract which I can use to extend my work permit. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Hi, my work permit (closed) is expiring soon in August 2022 and I wanted to know if it can be extended from outside Canada.WP ext can be applied from outside canada but the timelines are subjected to the country you apply from.

My TRV expired and I applied for renewal on May 1, 2022, still awaiting approval. Since it is already mid-June, I am concerned if they will issue TRV before my work permit expires. TRV timelines are random right now. You may get the TRV before August but better to plan for everything. You may need another TRV if you do not get it just in time. Also, I am not sure of how long the TRV gets stamped. Ideally it should be till passport expiry but it seems to be random.
Best of Luck

My employer has offered to extend my contract which I can use to extend my work permit. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

saradakethar

May 4, 2022
Thanks for replying. How do you apply for extension from outside Canada? On the GCKey portal, application form imm5710e Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker is generated only when I select my country of residence as Canada. If I select India, it generates form for new work permit application.