+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i apply for visistor my parents if my inland spouse and child sponsorship is in progress?

anusanker12

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hi,
I am done with my studies on December. Got a A category job in IT firm. My convocation is on June. I have applied for my spousal open work permit. He is here in canada itself ( He came spousal open work permit which is expired with my study permit). So my question is can i apply for my parents visitor visa now?
I heard there is no much documentation required if we file for visitor visa showing convocation date. Can someone help me for this please?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
You can apply as far as you are able to show CIC sufficient financial support and also home ties for your parents. And I am not sure where you heard that not much documentation is required but some of is required and I have seen people getting rejection for missing documents too;

~Purpose of travel - Convo invite
~Invitation letter from you - stating their stay with you
~Financial support from parents - enough money (conversion to CAD included I used xe.com) to support their stay
~Home ties - EMployer letters from parents stating their leaves are approved and they'll resume work once back or documents for any assets back home (house/any other), proof of income.
~I had also included a letter of explanation from parent stating that their leave was approved and they'll support their own travel expense

Reactions: anusanker12

anusanker12

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
You can apply as far as you are able to show CIC sufficient financial support and also home ties for your parents. And I am not sure where you heard that not much documentation is required but some of is required and I have seen people getting rejection for missing documents too;

~Purpose of travel - Convo invite
~Invitation letter from you - stating their stay with you
~Financial support from parents - enough money (conversion to CAD included I used xe.com) to support their stay
~Home ties - EMployer letters from parents stating their leaves are approved and they'll resume work once back or documents for any assets back home (house/any other), proof of income.
~I had also included a letter of explanation from parent stating that their leave was approved and they'll support their own travel expense
Thank you. I am pregnant . So can i show my doctor note? My parents are retired. When is the best way to get them here? showing convocation, pregnancy or as normal? I dont have that much amount to show, Thats the problem

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Thank you. I am pregnant . So can i show my doctor note? My parents are retired. When is the best way to get them here? showing convocation, pregnancy or as normal? I dont have that much amount to show, Thats the problem
Their retirements docs, proof of pension, house back home or a business? Any other siblings of yours that they are leaving behind?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
What is more important is that they have strong ties back home, as far as they have that - any reason (convo/baby on the way) works.

Reactions: anusanker12

anusanker12

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
but they are independent, not dependent on their parents. :)
DO they have a house back home, they can show that as home ties.
One more question, my spousal work permit extension and child visa is on progress. So do i need to wait (to file visitor) till those process to be completed and the document to be recived by my husband and child?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Prepare a nice invitation letter stating your finances (you + husband), reason for their travel and your lease to show where they will stay.
An explanation letter from applicant stating their interest in to join you for your convo. And also showing their bank statements with funds enough to support their stay. As you are student so they'll be taking care of their expenses themselves. Attach a copy of house papers as home ties and also convo invite. Give dates in both invitation letter and explanation letter.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
One more question, my spousal work permit extension and child visa is on progress. So do i need to wait (to file visitor) till those process to be completed and the document to be recived by my husband and child?
Those are separate files with separate processing times. I don't think that would be a problem.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your parents will have to show that they can support their own travel costs, show previous travel history and ties to their home country. I would not mention the pregnancy. Do you have your PGWP already and have you been working already? Your husband could have flagpoled once you have 3 pay stubs.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Those are separate files with separate processing times. I don't think that would be a problem.
1. It is not advisable to state that you are pregnant nor should you include a doctor's note. It would seem like your parents are visiting to work illegally.

2. Your parents do not have any strong ties to their home country nor the finances for their visit. For TRVs, these are necessary. IMO, only one parent must apply for a TRV.

3. As your own status has not been approved yet, it is best if your parent(s) apply a few months after you get your PGWP and you start working

Reactions: myra20sharma