+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for TRV while my immigration application under process?

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Greetings all,

I have an application under process to move to Canada under family class, I got the UCI number few days ago.

The question is I would like to visit my wife in Canada as she is expecting our first child soon, and I would like to be their for 2-3 weeks during that time, in order to obtain TRV you have to show strong ties to your home country, how I can show that at the same time I have an application to move permanently and my wife and expected child are Canadian and live in Canada ?

I have a permanent job and have family (mother, father, siblings) in the current country I am living in is that enough ?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Greetings all,

I have an application under process to move to Canada under family class, I got the UCI number few days ago.

The question is I would like to visit my wife in Canada as she is expecting our first child soon, and I would like to be their for 2-3 weeks during that time, in order to obtain TRV you have to show strong ties to your home country, how I can show that at the same time I have an application to move permanently and my wife and expected child are Canadian and live in Canada ?

I have a permanent job and have family (mother, father, siblings) in the current country I am living in is that enough ?
You can, but it is unlikely for it to succeed.

Your immediate family is in Canada, those are the only important family ties. Your job might be if it is important enough and you have commitments that force you to not stay in Canada.

Good luck.

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Greetings all,

Hi mfkoko321, have you figured out how you can get TRV? Actually my family have the same situation with you currently. I am working in Canada and we have a family class PR application in progress. My husband and my son were staying Canada previously together with me. But my they went back to home country two month ago due to some family emergency issue. And now they want to come back to Canada, but my husband's tour visa has expired already. Not sure if we can apply a tour visa for him successfully or not. And I miss them so much...