+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Apply for SOWP by myself?

funnisykes

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hi All,

Reached Canada on student Visa, PGWP denied as I applied after 90 days from graduation.

My gf arrived from India on student Visa, got married to her in Civic Center, Applied Spousal Work Permit, Got it until her Student Visa expiration.

I've been working full time and also got ITA. Now, my SOWP expires much before I can actually apply for PR. Now I'll need to apply for another SOWP through my gf/wife as she has her PGWP.

Lawyers charge a bomb for this and just wondering if anyone can assist in applying for my second SOWP through my gf/wife who just got her PGWP. How should my cover letter be to impress/satisfy IRCC?

YES I'M VERY THANKFUL FOR THIS GIRL :)
May Love Prevail to all true lovers.

Please advise :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Reached Canada on student Visa, PGWP denied as I applied after 90 days from graduation.

My gf arrived from India on student Visa, got married to her in Civic Center, Applied Spousal Work Permit, Got it until her Student Visa expiration.

I've been working full time and also got ITA. Now, my SOWP expires much before I can actually apply for PR. Now I'll need to apply for another SOWP through my gf/wife as she has her PGWP.

Lawyers charge a bomb for this and just wondering if anyone can assist in applying for my second SOWP through my gf/wife who just got her PGWP. How should my cover letter be to impress/satisfy IRCC?

YES I'M VERY THANKFUL FOR THIS GIRL :)
May Love Prevail to all true lovers.

Please advise :)
Is your wife working in a job that is NOC A, B or 0 skill level? If so, you can go ahead and apply for a SOWP. Make sure you include evidence that she holds a skilled job including an employment letter and three pay slips.

funnisykes

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Is your wife working in a job that is NOC A, B or 0 skill level? If so, you can go ahead and apply for a SOWP. Make sure you include evidence that she holds a skilled job including an employment letter and three pay slips.
Thank you scylla - she does hold NOC A,B or 0 skill level job.
I won't be sing any immigration lawyer for this one and just hope this will be a smooth sail.

Once I apply for SOWP - while I'm on implied status, I should still be eligible to work until I wait for my result correct ?