+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for Restoration while I've already applied for PGWP

funnisykes

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hello,

My Study visa was expiring on November 30th and I've applied for PGWP on November 29th Online.

It so happened that I've applied for my PGWP after 90 days of my graduation. Now that my application is still in process, Should I apply for Restoration status as I'm in Implied status at the moment?

If my PGWP gets rejected, Is there any alternative to get work permit ?

Truly appreciate anyone's help in this. Already been with a lawyer, hardly had any help.

Please advise.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

My Study visa was expiring on November 30th and I've applied for PGWP on November 29th Online.

It so happened that I've applied for my PGWP after 90 days of my graduation. Now that my application is still in process, Should I apply for Restoration status as I'm in Implied status at the moment?

Truly appreciate anyone's help in this. Already been with a lawyer, hardly had any help.

Please advise.
There is no point in applying for Restoration, as you have status. Expect a refusal of your PGWP and to be told to leave Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Please advise.
If your PGWP is rejected then you would need to secure a job offer and approved LMIA from an employer in order to apply for a closed work permit.

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hello,

Please advise.
now you dont need a valid study permit to apply for PGWP and they have extended days to 180 days from 90days

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If it gets rejected just apply again it will be considered under new rules which dont require SP and you have 180 days.

You might need to get valid visitor status in the mean time not sure.