+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for reconsideration of PGWP refusal?

Jan 7, 2023
My PGWP application was refused and it made me out of status.
My study Permit and TRV are expired. Can I still apply for reconsideration?

OVD

Feb 9, 2023
***PGWP SPECIAL CASE***
Initial PGWP application : August 30, 2022.
Review eligibility: January 9, 2023.
Refusal: January 9, 2023.
Applied for Reconsideration by webform: January 23, 2023.
Review eligibility: February 14, 2023.
Approved: February 14, 2023.

More Details:

Hello, I studied 3 Years Advanced Diploma. So, I was supposed to get 3 years of work permit. But, it got refused as I studied part-time in my Scheduled Break. So, I applied for reconsideration via webform and submitted the proof showing that the term I was part-time was my scheduled break. I got email mentioning that they have received to document on very next day of raising the webform. I got another email from officer on February 6, 2023 mentioning that My file have been sent to responsible office. On February 13, 2023 I got email that IRCC is waiting to hear from me (that means they want me to pay $100 that was refunded for open work permit and upload the receipt). I did that on very same day and my status got changed to submitted/processing from refusal. After 24 hours, I got email mentioning that we updated your application status. I logged in and found that the application was approved.

I hope you get in detail information about the case. I was so confused when I got refusal but I stood for myself. I asked couple of lawyers and they were suggesting me to reapply the PGWP along with the status of restoration with their own fees the total amount was $1750. But, I opted to go for reconsideration by myself.

I am not an immigration consultant but want to inform about the case as I wasn't having the information about this when I got refusal.

Thank you for reading this long message.