+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i apply for PR though i might already be a Canadian Citizen?

gpremdas

Feb 21, 2018
My two cents. Being eligible for citizenship and being a citizen are two different things.
Correct. The Express Entry system gives you points for Siblings in Canada, but does not even ask in you have any parent in Canada. This can only be because they don't expect to get PR applications from applicants that have a Canadian parent. They expect them to apply for Citizenship proof, and not PR.

gpremdas

Feb 21, 2018
You were born a Canadian citizen and therefore do not qualify for PR. I'm not sure why you haven't aggressively pursued this through the Canadian High Commission. If you have filed apps and they haven't been processed, start filing complaints.
Problem is there is no proof for having submitted the application through them. They meet you through a glass counter, take your application from you and then say you can start tracking it online once the application reaches Canada. But this never happens. There is no counter foil or any receipt or acknowledgement using which you can follow up on your application. If reaches Canada, you can track online using the fee paid receipt that starts IMM.. But unless this happens you cannot track your application. Please suggest how I can complain . I definitely want to do this as well.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Problem is there is no proof for having submitted the application through them. They meet you through a glass counter, take your application from you and then say you can start tracking it online once the application reaches Canada. But this never happens. There is no counter foil or any receipt or acknowledgement using which you can follow up on your application. If reaches Canada, you can track online using the fee paid receipt that starts IMM.. But unless this happens you cannot track your application. Please suggest how I can complain . I definitely want to do this as well.
File a complaint with IRCC. Email a complaint to every contact at the high commission every day until someone responds. You should always send such apps by registered mail to have proof of submission.

btoronto

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Totally agree with your logic in 1 and 2. That seems irrefutable. I am hoping this is the case. For 3. I dont mean I will hide my father's details. I just mean that there doesn't seem any reason for me to mention or show his Canadian status. It doesn't seem required to do under any documental proof section. I have to show my passport, ECA report, IELTS, employment documents, proof of funds, and thats about it. Under the family section, looks like I only need to list living family. Correct ?
You need to add your parents information even if they're deceased in the family information form. It actually says: "if deceased, give city/town, country, and date".

gpremdas

Feb 21, 2018
You need to add your parents information even if they're deceased in the family information form. It actually says: "if deceased, give city/town, country, and date".
Correct. Exactly. But it doesn't ask for his nationality. It asks for his country of birth and country of residence. Which is India. He was born in India, and he was living in India permanently for the ten years preceding his death.