+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for my wife's OWP if I start skilled work (NOC 0, A, B)?

Arik_Xolox

Mar 7, 2020
I am currently holding Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) which will remain valid till January 2023. If I can secure a job in NOC 0, A, B occupation and have 2 recent salary stubs, can I apply for my wife's OWP immediately?
Is there any other way to bring my wife to Canada if I can't manage my skilled job immediately given that Covid19 situation? Then, should I apply for Visitor Visa?
Thanks in advance.

Gagan dhunna

Jan 27, 2021
Hi, can anybody Tell that if i get the trv approval inside canada after that can i apply trv from india. Is it possible that i ll get trv from india or any other procedure would i do.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi, can anybody Tell that if i get the trv approval inside canada after that can i apply trv from india. Is it possible that i ll get trv from india or any other procedure would i do.
It was possible pre-covid.
Now with 2-way service being implemented, you'd have to contact VFS directly.

Also, just be aware of the travel restrictions to get back into Canada.

Gagan dhunna

Jan 27, 2021
hi, I applied trv on 31dec but still no response,can u tell me plz how many days they took more for just approval. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am currently holding Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) which will remain valid till January 2023. If I can secure a job in NOC 0, A, B occupation and have 2 recent salary stubs, can I apply for my wife's OWP immediately?
Is there any other way to bring my wife to Canada if I can't manage my skilled job immediately given that Covid19 situation? Then, should I apply for Visitor Visa?
Thanks in advance.
You want 3 pay stubs and then you can apply. If refused, she can apply for a TRV (visitor) but if her OWP is refused then her TRV is likely to be refused to as it is just to visit and not stay. If you can’t find a skilled job your only option is TRV. However she has a higher chance of refusal than a OWP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks in advance.
OWP is the appropriate option unless you have concrete proof that your spouse is really a temporary visitor and has no intention of remaining in Canada.

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Hi all,

I will be applying for SOWP for my spouse in India. I am in Canada now in work permit. I have question whether IELTS test report is required/mandatory for SOWP online application?

Did anyone got refusal for not submitting IELTS test scores?

Thanks in advance

Gagan dhunna

Jan 27, 2021
Actually i am student,i renewd my passports, it has been expired and nw i applied for trv because i want to go to india. But they do n