+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for Immigration while I am doing MS in the US on J1 VISA???

Shehram

Jun 20, 2009
Hello

Can I apply for Immigration while I am doing MS in the US on J1 VISA??? or should I wait to go back???

MS in Television

Have worked for a TV channel in management for 2 years in Karachi, pakistan

I already have MBA

lynx_eyed

Star Member
Jun 7, 2009
You Can always apply for immigration in Canada even if you are a student. Check out the Link below for 38 job List and findout if your occupation falls over there.You must have al least One year experience in that occupation in last 10 years.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
J1 visa has home residency requirement which will not be waived even if u get PR in Canada
U would need to stay in Pakistan for 1 yr or 2 yr depending on yr J1 home residency requiremnet
After that u can stay in canada if u manage to get on PR

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
Not all J1s have home residency requirements.
Even if you have home residency requirements, what can US do? will it mainly deny you a visitors visa to the US later?

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
I dont think they will let one citizen of their country, to stay outside if they need to fulfil residency requirement
It has nothing to do with US, its regarding home country
it might be overlooked, I am nt sure

Shehram

Jun 20, 2009
I don't think US can do anything to force people to do home residency requirement
I can even visit US on a visit VISA or come for another degree on a J1 VISA but definitely can not get a permanent status unless I fulfill the residency requirment