+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for family members at the same time?

kolahol

Sep 2, 2009
Hello! I am going to apply for CEC program soon. According to the details on the application, I understand that I will need to provide information about my family members, no matter if they are accompanying me or not at this time. I have a younger brother who is graduating from high school soon and willing to go to university in Canada from next September. Now my question is, besides including family information, should I also pay processing fee for my brother now? Or do I have to wait until I get my pr and then apply for him? Is it ok to apply for the entire family now? Any ideas, suggestions?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

kolahol said:
Hello! I am going to apply for CEC program soon. According to the details on the application, I understand that I will need to provide information about my family members, no matter if they are accompanying me or not at this time. I have a younger brother who is graduating from high school soon and willing to go to university in Canada from next September. Now my question is, besides including family information, should I also pay processing fee for my brother now? Or do I have to wait until I get my pr and then apply for him? Is it ok to apply for the entire family now? Any ideas, suggestions?
"When all else fails, read the instructions"

The only people that you can include as dependents on your application is your spouse and your dependent children.

PMM

kolahol

Sep 2, 2009
Thank you for your reply PMM. Well, I did take your advice and went through the instruction guide. I guess I am just little stupid to understand few things. I would very much appreaciate if you could give me some more information.

So, on IM0008 (Application for Permanent Residence in Canada) page 2, if I am single and have no dependent children, I do not need to enter any information there, right? or do I need to put my parents and siblings information?

Second question, initialy when I received my post-grad work permit, they had made a mistake on it, they did not change the case type and kept my student permit case type number (case type 24), so I could not get the provincial health card for that reason. Anyways, after calling CIC, they issued me a new work permit back in March of this year with the correct case type . So should I just send the copy of my recent work permit? or copy of the previous permit as well as the copy of my student permit? any insights on that would be much appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kolahol said:
Thank you for your reply PMM. Well, I did take your advice and went through the instruction guide. I guess I am just little stupid to understand few things. I would very much appreaciate if you could give me some more information.

So, on IM0008 (Application for Permanent Residence in Canada) page 2, if I am single and have no dependent children, I do not need to enter any information there, right? or do I need to put my parents and siblings information?

Second question, initialy when I received my post-grad work permit, they had made a mistake on it, they did not change the case type and kept my student permit case type number (case type 24), so I could not get the provincial health card for that reason. Anyways, after calling CIC, they issued me a new work permit back in March of this year with the correct case type . So should I just send the copy of my recent work permit? or copy of the previous permit as well as the copy of my student permit? any insights on that would be much appreciated.
1. Your parents and siblings are not listed on the IMM 008 they are listed on the IMM 5406.

2, Send copies of all of them.

PMM