+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for Exprs Entry with having closed workpermit from Quebec employer but living in Toronto

girishreddyj

May 25, 2016
Hello all,

I have few question regarding Express entry, please. I appreciate if anyone can help me out by giving proper information.

1) Can I apply for Express Entry with having closed work permit from Quebec employer but living in Toronto?

My situation here is I have a closed work permit with a Quebec Employer but I'm not working for that employer anymore but as of now I'm residing in Toronto being unemployed. But I have checked my points and I see I'm eligible for applying Express Entry. Can I apply for express entry in this case? If so, what criteria/situations should I consider? I mean what questions might arise in my case?

2) I have also applied for Federal PR through Quebec with CSQ. But at what point would the officer will ask me/ should I have to withdraw this application if I apply for Express Entry?

I really appreciate if someone could answer questions and also provide some suggestions.

Have a great one!

Thanks,
Girish

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes.
2 - This is no issue as long as you do not have two applications for PR in processing at the same time. As you know, CSQ is simply a certificate that helps you apply for PR. It is not an actual PR application.

girishreddyj

May 25, 2016
1 - Yes.
2 - This is no issue as long as you do not have two applications for PR in processing at the same time. As you know, CSQ is simply a certificate that helps you apply for PR. It is not an actual PR application.
Hello DelPiero07,

Regarding my second point, "I have also applied for Federal PR through Quebec with CSQ. But at what point would the officer will ask me/ should I have to withdraw this application if I apply for Express Entry?", I heard I can have 2 applications (Express entry and PR application through province) but I have to withdraw the application once one of it gets approved. Is it right?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello DelPiero07,

Regarding my second point, "I have also applied for Federal PR through Quebec with CSQ. But at what point would the officer will ask me/ should I have to withdraw this application if I apply for Express Entry?", I heard I can have 2 applications (Express entry and PR application through province) but I have to withdraw the application once one of it gets approved. Is it right?
No. For express entry you must have the intention to reside outside the province of Quebec, if you want to play with fire and risk a misrepresentation ban then apply for both.

girishreddyj

May 25, 2016
No. For express entry you must have the intention to reside outside the province of Quebec, if you want to play with fire and risk a misrepresentation ban then apply for both.
Sorry, my bad. Perhaps I haven't properly explained. As above, I'm residing in Toronto, which means I'm living out of the quebec. But when I was living in Quebec I have applied for the federal PR with CSQ (Economic Skilled Quebec category). Now does it cause me any trouble having two applications?

girishreddyj

May 25, 2016
Misrepresentation ban of 5 years.
Hi,

Obviously, you must have more knowledge than me in this matter. But there is one thing that's not clicking your point worthy. How could it be a misrepresentation?

Cause I'm living in Toronto (thereby proves I'm not living in Quebec) and even though having closed work permit with Quebec employer still being unemployed. So not to run any taxes from Quebec. And I'll withdraw this Federal PR through CSQ once I here the answer from Express Entry!

I have also researched several forms that one can apply two applications for PR. Please see below link.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-you-have-multiple-pr-applications-in.169787/

Please let me know your thoughts...

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Obviously, you must have more knowledge than me in this matter. But there is one thing that's not clicking your point worthy. How could it be a misrepresentation?

Cause I'm living in Toronto (thereby proves I'm not living in Quebec) and even though having closed work permit with Quebec employer still being unemployed. So not to run any taxes from Quebec. And I'll withdraw this Federal PR through CSQ once I here the answer from Express Entry!

I have also researched several forms that one can apply two applications for PR. Please see below link.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-you-have-multiple-pr-applications-in.169787/

Please let me know your thoughts...
1 - Having two applications in processing at the same time one being paper based and the other via EE is perfectly fine, this is not the issue here.
2 - The fact that you are living in Toronto helps you in avoiding a possible "letter of intent" in which you must convince the officer of your intention of residing in Quebec. Not an issue either.
3 - The real issue is that you are content on claiming your intention to reside outside the province of Quebec (EE) and at the same time you are also having the intention to reside within Quebec (PR application via CSQ). You chose the only province for which this situation could arise. Also, you are being extremely naive if you believe that the processing officer would simply ask you to withdraw your other application.
4 - I have done my part by warning you so after this post I can say that I couldn't care less whether your application goes through or whether you are charged with misrepresentation.