+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i apply for CEC?

thess.P

Apr 16, 2010
please i need your opinon, thank you in advance for your help.

I'm a TFW with a WP under the NOC # 6641, for 2 years. after 6 months, i've been promoted as a supervisor verbally, and i've been 1 1/2 year in that position. due to my WP is not under the NOC # 6641 which is under the low skilled worker, just want to know if my work experience valid for CEC program?
As of now my employer is renewing my contract and i got my LMO with a NOC # 6212 which is skilled, and i'm just waiting for my WP.
Do i still have to wait for another year of experience, for me to apply CEC program? or can i apply immediately as long as i recieve my new WP as a CEC?

please and thank you for your immediate response.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
thess.P said:
please i need your opinon, thank you in advance for your help.

I'm a TFW with a WP under the NOC # 6641, for 2 years. after 6 months, I've been promoted as a supervisor verbally, and i've been 1 1/2 year in that position. due to my WP is not under the NOC # 6641 which is under the low skilled worker, just want to know if my work experience valid for CEC program?

Technically, you have been working without authorization (illegally) for 1 1/2 years. A work permit is both employer and position-specific, you should not have started a "new" position without obtaining the LMO and work permit for that occupation.

If you apply using that 1 1/2 years of experience, you will be informing CIC that you were working without proper authorization. At best, this should disqualify you. But if you get your new work permit with the proper NOC code and get that extra 1/2 year of experience (you need 2 years at the skilled level), it's had to say - your application might go through (but understand, it is risky, and I do not recommend this).

As of now my employer is renewing my contract and i got my LMO with a NOC # 6212 which is skilled, and i'm just waiting for my WP.
Do i still have to wait for another year of experience, for me to apply CEC program? or can i apply immediately as long as i recieve my new WP as a CEC?

Technically, you will have to work 2 years under your new work permit to qualify for CEC. This would be the "right" way (I recommend doing it the right way). Faster alternatives - look into your province's PNP program, or even the FSW arranged employment option.

thess.P

Apr 16, 2010
tnx for your reply...

i have a question again pls...
it is true that a TFW is have only 4 years to stay and work in canada, and after that if your papers is not yet process been for PR the immigration will send you home?
beacuse i already work here for 2 years, and if i need to work another 2 years with new work permit under the skilled worker which is 6212, for me to apply for CEC, it takes time. and the problem is my new work permit is good only for 1 year. :(

the sad thing is my employer is not willing to sponsor us for PNP what more, if i ask them if they can offer me a permanent job offer for me to apply for FSW... :( i dont think so!

please need your advise... what else can i do??? for me process my paper for PR. i really want to stay in canada to have a stable work, and help my family in the philippines, and bring them here if possible.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
thess.P said:
it is true that a TFW is have only 4 years to stay and work in canada, and after that if your papers is not yet process been for PR the immigration will send you home?

A new rule will come into effect on April 1, 2011, to limit the number of years on a TWP to 4 years. It is supposed to be from that point forward only - even if you have been here 4 years, you should be allowed another 4 years after April 1 2011. But it is hard to say how it will actually be implemented. And, in any case it is never certain to get a positive LMO.

BTW - "papers in process" are irrelevant. You may be thinking of the PNP, but none of the other PR programs offer that...

beacuse i already work here for 2 years, and if i need to work another 2 years with new work permit under the skilled worker which is 6212, for me to apply for CEC, it takes time. and the problem is my new work permit is good only for 1 year. :(

the sad thing is my employer is not willing to sponsor us for PNP what more, if i ask them if they can offer me a permanent job offer for me to apply for FSW... :( i dont think so!

please need your advise... what else can i do???

Try to work 2 years, you may be able to renew for another year... Find a different employer who is willing... Find a job as a cook, get 1 year experience, and apply under the FSW program...

thess.P

Apr 16, 2010
hi jes_on, thank you so much for your help. i think just gonna find another employer who is willing, and apply as a cook if possible. once again thank you so much...

dha123

Jan 24, 2013
hiii

i applies permanent resident application under provincial nominee programme.when i was applied my application i worked as a cashier and kitchen helpb
but now i get a promtion ina same company as a shift incharge.any effect on my file
plz give me a suggestion

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: hiii

dha123 said:
i applies permanent resident application under provincial nominee programme.when i was applied my application i worked as a cashier and kitchen helpb
but now i get a promtion ina same company as a shift incharge.any effect on my file
plz give me a suggestion
This is the CEC forum, not the PNP forum.

Please use the link below to post this enquiry: -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/provincial-nomination-program-immigration-b6.0/