+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for Canada while my file is processing for Australia migration too?

Sweetysl

May 14, 2011
I'm a Medical Officer by profession and I applied for Australia migration with my brother's sponsorship (As a Medical Administrator) in 2009 and later due to few problems my brother refused to continue for the sponsorship for me , therefore I gave up the idea to further processing of that file and in 2011 I applied for Canada migration - PR , Now after I applied for Canada , one of friend informed me that I can convert my file to state sponsorship category and proceed it - Australia , so now I'm thinking that If I continue that file also while my Canada file is processing , will it be a problem? Can I proceed both files for both the countries? please advice anyone with a clear idea.

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Sweetysl said:
I'm a Medical Officer by profession and I applied for Australia migration with my brother's sponsorship (As a Medical Administrator) in 2009 and later due to few problems my brother refused to continue for the sponsorship for me , therefore I gave up the idea to further processing of that file and in 2011 I applied for Canada migration - PR , Now after I applied for Canada , one of friend informed me that I can convert my file to state sponsorship category and proceed it - Australia , so now I'm thinking that If I continue that file also while my Canada file is processing , will it be a problem? Can I proceed both files for both the countries? please advice anyone with a clear idea.
Dear Sweetysl,

According to my limited knowledge, there is no harm in processing ur applications for both of these countries at a time.

Seniors may guide u further.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D Yes, you are right. No restriction for that. But after getting PR status in Canada a permanent resident must comply with a residency obligation, with respect to a five-year period :- on each of a total of 730 days in that five-year period, he or she is physically present in Canada.

Ontario Journey

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sweetysl said:
Hi Sweetysl,

If your intention is to apply simultaneously to both countries and see which one will respond to you first and you'll decide to pursue the first one, then I don't find any problem with that. You just have to shell out a great amount of money, but if you can afford it then that's fine. However, if your intention is to pursue both up to the end then it may be another story. Personally, I think, at the end of the day you will have to choose one.. Because long term you don't want to complicate your life having to deal with immigration and citizenship issues, do you? Workable, yes, but do it one at a time may be better..

just my thoughts...

OJ

adamvaid

Sep 10, 2010
australia
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney,australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march2010
File Transfer...
july2010
Med's Request
received
Med's Done....
21 jan 2011
Interview........
29 NOV 2010
Passport Req..
30 MAY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
ISSUED
LANDED..........
AUG 2011
Yes u can apply for PR for both countries at same time. No harm at all. Go ahead with Australia if u want it's a good country .