+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for a work/study permit while I am applying for Sponsorship?

LovingMyCanuck

Star Member
May 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I've asked this before, but never got a definite answer. I am an American on a 2 year visitor record. My husband and I are in the process of submitting our application in. Is there a way I can apply for a work or study visa? Don't get me wrong, I love being with my husband, but being a stay at home wife until my application is done, is awful and filled with boredom. Thank you!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
LovingMyCanuck said:
Hey guys, I've asked this before, but never got a definite answer. I am an American on a 2 year visitor record. My husband and I are in the process of submitting our application in. Is there a way I can apply for a work or study visa? Don't get me wrong, I love being with my husband, but being a stay at home wife until my application is done, is awful and filled with boredom. Thank you!
the process is independent, so you can look for work and ask a company to do a LMO for you. OR you you can apply on your own for a study permit.
Depending on your profession, you might want to have a look at NAFTA permits - search with that word on the forum and you can read more about it.

Good luck for the process,
Sweden

LovingMyCanuck

Star Member
May 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey thanks, because the process is independent, say I was to get denied for a work/study permit, would it affect my sponsorship application?