+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for a Visitor visa outside of the country of residence?

naditadem

Jun 4, 2014
Hello,

I'm wondering if I can apply for a Visitor visa at the VAC Office in Warsaw if I have a permanent residence in the Czech Republic (I don't have the Czech passport)? The processing time in Warsaw is 5 days vs. 36 days in Vienna.

Thanks a lot in advance for your response :D.

J.

naditadem

Jun 4, 2014
I found this information:

"Application Information

Individuals should apply for a temporary resident visa through the Canadian Visa Office responsible for their country of citizenship or residency.
Individuals who are not presently in their own country may apply through the Canadian mission responsible for the country they are visiting, as long as they have been legally admitted to that country."

So does this mean that I can go to Warsaw to apply for the visa?

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
you can apply the Canadian visa where ever u reside,provided u r legally entitled to reside in the country u r applying.
ex: if u r in USA of Indian citizen on the visitor/student , u can apply for Canadian visa.

naditadem

Jun 4, 2014
Thanks for your response! I mean, I am currently residing in the Czech Republic, and I would go to Poland to apply for the Canada's Visitor visa only because it's faster than in Vienna. I don't need the Polish visa to enter Poland. In this case, can I apply in Warsaw?

I found this information on the Warsaw VAC:

"The Visa Section of the Canadian Embassy in Warsaw processes applications for temporary resident and permanent resident visas from CITIZENS and RESIDENTS of Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland."

So, "to be legally admitted" in "To apply for a temporary resident visa at this visa office, you must be legally admitted to or a citizen of a country that is served by this visa office." means that I need to have a residence there?

Thank you!

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
You have to apply in Vienna! Each office is responsible for certain countries! Your application would not be acxepted in Poland, they would either return it to you or forward it to the vienna office! If you want to have it processed a bit faster yoy can try applying online, it might take less time or exactly 35 days!

naditadem said:
Thanks for your response! I mean, I am currently residing in the Czech Republic, and I would go to Poland to apply for the Canada's Visitor visa only because it's faster than in Vienna. I don't need the Polish visa to enter Poland. In this case, can I apply in Warsaw?

I found this information on the Warsaw VAC:

"The Visa Section of the Canadian Embassy in Warsaw processes applications for temporary resident and permanent resident visas from CITIZENS and RESIDENTS of Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland."

So, "to be legally admitted" in "To apply for a temporary resident visa at this visa office, you must be legally admitted to or a citizen of a country that is served by this visa office." means that I need to have a residence there?

Thank you!

naditadem

Jun 4, 2014
Hello,

Thanks for your response. Here's what states on the website of the Embassy of Canada to Poland:

"Persons who are residing outside of the above mentioned countries, who intend to visit Canada, may submit their applications at the Canadian Embassy in Warsaw. Non-resident applicants who are required to attend an interview will be required to appear in person at the Canadian Embassy in Warsaw. The Embassy will not assist non-resident applicants in obtaining visas to enter Poland."

"For residents/citizens of other countries:
You may apply in person at the Warsaw office. Note: you must be legally admitted to Poland or a Schengen country in order to apply at the Warsaw office."

So it means that I can go to Poland to apply for the visa, right?

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
naditadem said:
Hello,

Thanks for your response. Here's what states on the website of the Embassy of Canada to Poland:

"Persons who are residing outside of the above mentioned countries, who intend to visit Canada, may submit their applications at the Canadian Embassy in Warsaw. Non-resident applicants who are required to attend an interview will be required to appear in person at the Canadian Embassy in Warsaw. The Embassy will not assist non-resident applicants in obtaining visas to enter Poland."

"For residents/citizens of other countries:
You may apply in person at the Warsaw office. Note: you must be legally admitted to Poland or a Schengen country in order to apply at the Warsaw office."

So it means that I can go to Poland to apply for the visa, right?
No

It will not be accepted. In order for you to apply for a visa from a country outside of your country on citizenship, you should have permission to stay long term in that country (Study visa, Work Permit, PR)...you just cannot go to a third country and apply for a visitors visa to Canada

naditadem

Jun 4, 2014
FYI: I went to apply for the Visitor visa at the Visa office in Warsaw. They accepted my application and approved it IN ONE DAY! ;D

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
naditadem said:
FYI: I went to apply for the Visitor visa at the Visa office in Warsaw. They accepted my application and approved it IN ONE DAY! ;D
Congratulations!

Very surprised that they accepted it. Did you have to explain why you choose to apply in Warsaw?

kari2016

Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-04-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
07-06-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
28-06-2017
Med's Request
09-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
In the application form, in the field country of residents...what did you mentioned-your country of citizenship or the one where currently you are.....pls suggest

Feb 16, 2018
you can apply the Canadian visa where ever u reside,provided u r legally entitled to reside in the country u r applying.
ex: if u r in USA of Indian citizen on the visitor/student , u can apply for Canadian visa.
Hi
I'm in USA on visit B1/B2 status how I can apply for Visa?