+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I apply for a PGWP permit at boarder?

jfalvitez4

Aug 7, 2017
Hello I have a question regarding the application for a PGWP. I have a friend who says that we can go to the boarder (Raimbow Bridge, ON) to apply for a PGWP, cause his wife did it, no appointment needed just arrive Tuesdays or Fridays. My sitution is that my wife and me we already apply for a PGWP and correspondant OWP since she has a fulltime job, but the waiting period is too long, if I go to the boarder I can do ot quicky. Anybody knows if this is real and how is the steps? Thanks

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hello I have a question regarding the application for a PGWP. I have a friend who says that we can go to the boarder (Raimbow Bridge, ON) to apply for a PGWP, cause his wife did it, no appointment needed just arrive Tuesdays or Fridays. My sitution is that my wife and me we already apply for a PGWP and correspondant OWP since she has a fulltime job, but the waiting period is too long, if I go to the boarder I can do ot quicky. Anybody knows if this is real and how is the steps? Thanks
It's called flagpole. Rainbow Bridge is very busy, and only Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. You'll need to go very early (before 8am). Go to US side and let them know that you're doing flagpole, they will send you to an office, take your photo and fingerprints, and send you back to Canada. Like I said, it's very busy, so they can open at 8am and close 5 mins later. Once is you try another border (lewiston or Fort Erie or Kingston, it's far but Kingston is doing everyday) or you'll have to spend one day to do all over again.

Reactions: scylla

jfalvitez4

Aug 7, 2017
It's called flagpole. Rainbow Bridge is very busy, and only Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. You'll need to go very early (before 8am). Go to US side and let them know that you're doing flagpole, they will send you to an office, take your photo and fingerprints, and send you back to Canada. Like I said, it's very busy, so they can open at 8am and close 5 mins later. Once is you try another border (lewiston or Fort Erie or Kingston, it's far but Kingston is doing everyday) or you'll have to spend one day to do all over again.
Thanks. But what about US Visa. I do not have US Visa (my passport needs visa to enter USA) to enter to USA. I need to cross to USA? Really?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks. But what about US Visa. I do not have US Visa (my passport needs visa to enter USA) to enter to USA. I need to cross to USA? Really?
Flagpoling doesn't involve entering the US. You just leave Canada and then re-enter.

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Flagpoling doesn't involve entering the US. You just leave Canada and then re-enter.
No. So basically when you tell CBP officer that you’re doing flagpole, they will deny your entry to the us. It will not affect your future of going to the US. But remember to mention it when you’re filling future Canada forms

jfalvitez4

Aug 7, 2017
Thanks for your comments, and there are chances to get our PGWP and OWP for us the same day going to the border and do the flagpole? Or could be take more?days?

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Thanks for your comments, and there are chances to get our PGWP and OWP for us the same day going to the border and do the flagpole? Or could be take more?days?
Tbh it depends on the officer. Some may tell you to go back another day. Some may approve you at the same time.

jfalvitez4

Aug 7, 2017
Excuse me where us the Kingston border? Is the 1000 islands border? Lansdowne Port of Entry? I want to go tomorrow Friday. But I want to know which one has flagpoles on fridays. Thanks