+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add undeclared foreign work experience to boost my CRS?

zoey2015

Sep 1, 2015
Hi guys, thanks for reading my post!

A few years back when I applied for my study permit, I didn't declare my work experience in my hometown cause I didn't realize it could be helpful.

Now I'm going to apply EE under CEC and found out my ex-foreign work experience can add some points, so I'm thinking to add the foreign work experience to my profile.

Since I didn't declare my experience to CIC before, will it be treated as misinterpretation? My ex-boss will be able to prove a job letter if needed.

Thanks again for your help :) :)

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
zoey2015 said:
Hi guys, thanks for reading my post!

A few years back when I applied for my study permit, I didn't declare my work experience in my hometown cause I didn't realize it could be helpful.

Now I'm going to apply EE under CEC and found out my ex-foreign work experience can add some points, so I'm thinking to add the foreign work experience to my profile.

Since I didn't declare my experience to CIC before, will it be treated as misinterpretation? My ex-boss will be able to prove a job letter if needed.

Thanks again for your help :) :)
Should not be a problem...Please go ahead if it accrues points for you.

Reactions: Hajimuktar

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
zoey2015 said:
Is there anyone in the same boat?

I'd like to have more opinions :p :p
As long as you can demonstrate that you did indeed have the work experience in question, and as long as this work experience was not part time when you were also a student (since part time work while you are a student does not count under CEC), you can go ahead and add it to your profile without issues.

Reactions: Hajimuktar

sewak34

Oct 20, 2015
I had the same situation but my lawyer said it will be misrep because i didnt declare it in my 10 year history when i applied for study permit

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
it will result into misinterpretation.....dont do it for sme points;....order caipsnote of your student permit and check whether visa officer has put any notes on it.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
sewak34 said:
I had the same situation but my lawyer said it will be misrep because i didnt declare it in my 10 year history when i applied for study permit
Yeah, this would be misrepresentation

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's hard to say for sure how CIC will react. People applying for student visas will sometimes leave work experience off their study permit applications on purpose since this may increase the chances of being approved for a study permit. So you did commit misrepresentation in your original study permit application by excluding this information - that is clear.

How CIC will react to this is hard to say for sure. My guess is that they will do nothing - but I don't know for sure.

There's an important lesson to be learned here about not lying in applications. It has a nasty way of catching up with you later...

zoey2015

Sep 1, 2015
scylla said:
It's hard to say for sure how CIC will react. People applying for student visas will sometimes leave work experience off their study permit applications on purpose since this may increase the chances of being approved for a study permit. So you did commit misrepresentation in your original study permit application by excluding this information - that is clear.

How CIC will react to this is hard to say for sure. My guess is that they will do nothing - but I don't know for sure.

There's an important lesson to be learned here about not lying in applications. It has a nasty way of catching up with you later...

Yeah, I think you are absolutely right.

By that time, my English is not good enough to apply study permit on my own. I hired a lawyer to apply the study permit and she pretty much did very thing for me. I don't even know if the lawyer submitted my grade 8 scores or grade 9. Nor did I know I need to declare my work experience.

Anyway, I probably should be responsible for the mistake and not declare those marks. I hope other people won't run into a problem like this.

zoey2015

Sep 1, 2015
impulseoceanic said:
it will result into misinterpretation.....dont do it for sme points;....order caipsnote of your student permit and check whether visa officer has put any notes on it.
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I will order a caips note as I don't really remember what my consultant submitted on my behalf five or six years ago.

It could be useful if I got ITA and needed to write down my experience. A consultant told me he can order it for me and the charge is $200....

Hassan17

Apr 2, 2019
I'm sorry I know it's late , but I asked The lawyer who created this page, David Cohen, he said if you have the proof, legit papers, letter and supporting documents( pay stubs and Employer registration...) in addition to a letter to the immigration officer that explains you didn't know you have to add your work history on your study permit application because it was not mandatory in the application process.

Ses1

Jul 30, 2017
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I will order a caips note as I don't really remember what my consultant submitted on my behalf five or six years ago.

It could be useful if I got ITA and needed to write down my experience. A consultant told me he can order it for me and the charge is $200....
Hi bro did u get ur pr