+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i add trainee job profile to work history in my profile

njnbat

Jul 24, 2018
Hi,

I have been working from 2006 to 2009 in a private firm as IT trainee in software programming after completing 12th Standard. During this period i was pursuing Bachelor of computer applications via distance education. Is it possible that i can add these 3 years of my job to the work history profile under 2174 job code ?

For 2174 job code , employment requirement states minimum bachelors degree :

In my case since i was working for 3 years along with study , i am in a confusion if i could add it . Request your help to understand this better. Thanks.

Employment requirements
  • A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Does this experience add to your points, if not add it in 'personal history'. Or you have to show unnecessary reference letters and everything.

njnbat

Jul 24, 2018
Does this experience add to your points, if not add it in 'personal history'. Or you have to show unnecessary reference letters and everything.
Thanks for the prompt response. I am not really sure if its adding upto the points. However i could show 3 years experience and my spouse also can show 4 years of experience if this can be added. Also we do have proper service certificates from the organization stating completion of job as trainees during this period.

My only doubt is if the job code requirements does match in this case or not as its mentioned bachelors degree as eductaional qualification for this post which in this case is not there as this was being pursued during the work period

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
You only need to show 3 yrs work exp with 1 year continuous in the primary noc to get max points. If this exp is beyond those 3 yrs you can just mention it in 'personal history' and avoid all hassle.