+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add Step Child in PR application while I didn’t add him in visitor visa application.

Alhtrek

Jul 14, 2018
Hi folks,
The issue is I had two wives in the past. When I applied for visitor visa I was in Saudi Arabia with my second wife and her children but, the first wife with hit child was outside Saudi Arabia so, I was confused from adding step child because he is outside Saudi Arabia and there isn’t not question to asked me if I have X wife.
Can I add step child in PR application while I didn’t add him in visitor visa application.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi folks,
The issue is I had two wives in the past. When I applied for visitor visa I was in Saudi Arabia with my second wife and her children but, the first wife with hit child was outside Saudi Arabia so, I was confused from adding step child because he is outside Saudi Arabia and there isn’t not question to asked me if I have X wife.
Can I add step child in PR application while I didn’t add him in visitor visa application.
Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
So are you divorced from your first wife? If not, you cannot sponsor step children or second wife.

Alhtrek

Jul 14, 2018
So are you divorced from your first wife? If not, you cannot sponsor step children or second wife.

Yes I divorced but, my child is with here when I apply for visitor visa.

My issue is that I didn’t add step child to visitor visa application last year, while his age now is 13 years.

At this time Can I add him to PR application?
I am scared if they asked why I didn’t add him to visitor visa application.

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I divorced but, my child is with here when I apply for visitor visa.

My issue is that I didn’t add step child to visitor visa application last year, while his age now is 13 years.

At this time Can I add him to PR application?
I am scared if they asked why I didn’t add him to visitor visa application.

Thank you.
So you have sponsored your second wife and want to add her child to the application? Were you divorced prior to getting married a second time? If not then you cannot sponsor your second wife and step son.

Alhtrek

Jul 14, 2018
So you have sponsored your second wife and want to add her child to the application? Were you divorced prior to getting married a second time? If not then you cannot sponsor your second wife and step son.
In Saudi Arabia we can merry more than one lady at the same time.
I had two wives.
Second wife is still my wife in the application and her children already added in my visitor visa application. No problem with this side.

I divorced first wife, that I have one child from her.
The problem is my child from her didn’t add to my visitor visa application. Now. can I add him to PR application.
Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In Saudi Arabia we can merry more than one lady at the same time.
I had two wives.
Second wife is still my wife in the application and her children already added in my visitor visa application. No problem with this side.

I divorced first wife, that I have one child from her.
The problem is my child from her didn’t add to my visitor visa application. Now. can I add him to PR application.
Thank you
But having two wives in Canada is a criminal offence. It is illegal in Canada, and nothing to do with Saudi Arabian law. You cannot sponsor your second wife unless you divorced your first wife before remarrying. As for your first child from your first wife, you can sponsor him separately.

So the only way to sponsor your second wife is to divorce her and then remarry. See IRCC rules.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/legality.html#

Alhtrek

Jul 14, 2018
But having two wives in Canada is a criminal offence. It is illegal in Canada, and nothing to do with Saudi Arabian law. You cannot sponsor your second wife unless you divorced your first wife before remarrying. As for your first child from your first wife, you can sponsor him separately.

So the only way to sponsor your second wife is to divorce her and then remarry. See IRCC rules.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/legality.html#

Thank you for your responses.

I divorced the first wife so, now I have just one wife.

the issue is how can I add my child from first one while I didn’t add him to visitor visa application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your responses.

I divorced the first wife so, now I have just one wife.

the issue is how can I add my child from first one while I didn’t add him to visitor visa application?
You are misunderstanding my question. Did you divorce your first wife BEFORE you married your second wife? If you didn’t, you cannot sponsor your second wife.

Your child is a separate application from your spouse.

Reactions: Alhtrek

Alhtrek

Jul 14, 2018
You are misunderstanding my question. Did you divorce your first wife BEFORE you married your second wife? If you didn’t, you cannot sponsor your second wife.

Your child is a separate application from your spouse.
I understand what you mean.
I married second wife after divorced first wife.

I will add child from first wife.
if they ask why I didn’t add him in the first application.
What I say to them?
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I understand what you mean.
I married second wife after divorced first wife.

I will add child from first wife.
if they ask why I didn’t add him in the first application.
What I say to them?
Thank you.
Ok. You just talked about Saudi and being able to have two wives. You are not telling your whole story.

How did you get PR? Or are you applying for PR? Is he in Canada? If you are applying for PR include him in your application. No reason for explanation regarding TRV. He needs to take and pass the medical.