+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add my spouse after I receive an Ontario PNP invite

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi..can i remove my canadian education after nomination and just use my foreign degree? So here is my situation.
in my ee profile, there is canadian education and i claimed 15 points for that. When i submitted my documents for pnp under human capital priorities, i did not include my canadian degree..i only submitted my foreign degree. I got the nomination now, and made changes in my profile. I put my canadian degree to personal history instead.l.will this count as misrepresentation? Or will this be okay? Even if i remove my canadian degree, my score will still be above cut off for the issuance of NOI for OINP PNP
Hi,

If you didn't claim the Canadian education for nomination, you should be able to move it to the personal history and proceed. It should be fine. Make sure you remain eligible with enough FSW eligibility points (67 out of 100) for the selected stream.

Sufyanlodhi

Mar 15, 2024
I applied without spouse and my CRS was 377 and recently i got nomination from OINP Cut-off (352) .
Now i am willing to add my spouse but my CRS is dropped to exact 352. Is it risky to add spouse in such scenario? Should i take this decision ?
May i receive Nomination 600 points in 352 CRS? Or i should apply alone right now and add spouse in EE profile after Oinp nomination? plz advise.

My spouse dosent have ECA and Ielts, should i upload thier documents in Oinp application?

Sri1210811115

Sep 15, 2021
I applied without spouse and my CRS was 377 and recently i got nomination from OINP Cut-off (352) .
Now i am willing to add my spouse but my CRS is dropped to exact 352. Is it risky to add spouse in such scenario? Should i take this decision ?
May i receive Nomination 600 points in 352 CRS? Or i should apply alone right now and add spouse in EE profile after Oinp nomination? plz advise.

My spouse dosent have ECA and Ielts, should i upload thier documents in Oinp application?
please refer this https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-i-add-my-spouse-after-i-receive-an-ontario-pnp-invite.798438/post-10459223

Sufyanlodhi

Mar 15, 2024
Hello every one,
kindly confirm , we have 3 bank account one is join, one is spouse salary account and one is my salary account, further 2 account in mutual funds and 1 account in capital investment, now question is that, i have to make one page summary of all account details and amount with statement and bank letters or is there any other format? because different account have different amounts, need assistance.

Indiana jones

Mar 12, 2024
Hello Sri! I am in a similar boat as you were at one point, seeing your case it seems like its allowed. but I am bit hesitant to take this step. My current status is common-law me and my partner are both in Canada, I got OINP on March 21st applied as partner not accompanying as my points were getting reduced. I was wondering if its correct to add her after I get 600 points, since I got OINP ITA with a score when she wasnt accompanying which was higher and within the range of the ITA, now If I add her after getting 600 points would it be misrepresentation and would IRCC reject my nomination and 600 points since I got them with spouse not accompanying? In case this is a safe step to take I am planning to get married first before accompanying her so I avoid all the common law proof that needs to be provided. your reply would greatly help!

Sri1210811115

Sep 15, 2021
I updated spouse as accompanying after getting the 600 points and did not face any issue. This is the approach I took after asking an immigration consultant(Kubeir).

Hello Sri! I am in a similar boat as you were at one point, seeing your case it seems like its allowed. but I am bit hesitant to take this step. My current status is common-law me and my partner are both in Canada, I got OINP on March 21st applied as partner not accompanying as my points were getting reduced. I was wondering if its correct to add her after I get 600 points, since I got OINP ITA with a score when she wasnt accompanying which was higher and within the range of the ITA, now If I add her after getting 600 points would it be misrepresentation and would IRCC reject my nomination and 600 points since I got them with spouse not accompanying? In case this is a safe step to take I am planning to get married first before accompanying her so I avoid all the common law proof that needs to be provided. your reply would greatly help!

Indiana jones

Mar 12, 2024
Thanks alot Sri! for getting back another question does it matter if I am common law now? I am planning to get married before I get those 600 points so I can add my spouse to accompanying and avoid all common-law related proofs that I have to give. Did you had to inform OINP about the change you made from accompanying to non-accompanying?

Indiana jones

Mar 12, 2024
So, what steps are you taking now? and what are the conditions to apply for the spouse?
I am still confirming whether to add her as accompanying or not, mostly I will do that since it will be way easier than sponsoring her later as it is very time consuming and lengthy process!

Sri1210811115

Sep 15, 2021
I am not sure how difficult it will be to prove common law so I cannot advise.

Thanks alot Sri! for getting back another question does it matter if I am common law now? I am planning to get married before I get those 600 points so I can add my spouse to accompanying and avoid all common-law related proofs that I have to give. Did you had to inform OINP about the change you made from accompanying to non-accompanying?