+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add my missing document after CIC recieved my application?

grippy

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 June 2011
Doc's Request.
additional proof of relationship
LANDED..........
23 May 2012
Hope you are doing fine.

CIC received my application for citizenship just today Jan 21 and I realize I forgot to include the copy of biological page of my expired passport.

My question is should I send the copy of my passport following my application received today for them to add to my file, or wait until it gets returned

PS I have not had client number yet ( I only have client number in my landing document)

Thank you in advance

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Yes , you could certainly do that .I would suggest do not wait for your application to be returned.

I myself send some missing docs through email attachments and case specific inquiry form before getting an AOR (I used both).They were accepted by CIC and made part of my application .However ,do not forget to include your package's tracking number , your receipt number and other personal details ( UCI # , DoB , Country of birth etc)

grippy

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 June 2011
Doc's Request.
additional proof of relationship
LANDED..........
23 May 2012
Thank you very much for your answer Informatics ;)

GeekMahi

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Informatics,

I have similar situation as grippy, regarding package's tracking number are you meaning the tracking number of the first package sent? as well let me know what are you meaning as recipt? I just sent the application on jan 24th.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
GeekMahi said:
Informatics,

I have similar situation as grippy, regarding package's tracking number are you meaning the tracking number of the first package sent? as well let me know what are you meaning as recipt? I just sent the application on jan 24th.
By tracking number I mean the tracking number (if you used a courier or registered post) of your application package . It will help CIC to track your package as so far you wont have any application number so the only way for CIC to identify your package is through tracking number only .

Regarding the receipt number I am referring to your Fee Receipt number (CIC advises to keep one copy for your records). You would find this number under the bar code I believe .

BTW , please do not expect an early response . For me I received a response (email) about adding the missing docs to my file after receiving my AOR email only and it took like 3.5 months.

Hope it helps !

GeekMahi

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
By tracking number I mean the tracking number (if you used a courier or registered post) of your application package . It will help CIC to track your package as so far you wont have any application number so the only way for CIC to identify your package is through tracking number only .

Regarding the receipt number I am referring to your Fee Receipt number (CIC advises to keep one copy for your records). You would find this number under the bar code I believe .

BTW , please do not expect an early response . For me I received a response (email) about adding the missing docs to my file after receiving my AOR email only and it took like 3.5 months.

Hope it helps !
Informatics,

Thank you very much for your reply

In my case, the document(one of the pages of option C) has been mentioned as must send original. no photocopy :-X

May 15, 2019
Hi.. I applied my PR 3 months ago and I they sent my file back due to lack of signature in one form. They sent me a letter with it. So I made a new file and sent it again. After I sent it I read that I had to send the letter along with my application. Is there any way that I can send it now.. please help

bringiton

May 25, 2014
Hi.. I applied my PR 3 months ago and I they sent my file back due to lack of signature in one form. They sent me a letter with it. So I made a new file and sent it again. After I sent it I read that I had to send the letter along with my application. Is there any way that I can send it now.. please help
You mean you applied for a citizenship.

bringiton

May 25, 2014
I believe you are in the wrong thread then. For Potential PR candidates,there is a seperate forum listings.