+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add documents to my submitted open work permit application?

foxtrot44

Nov 8, 2023
Hello all,

I submitted my open work permit application and didn't realize until right after that I hadn't included my AOR letter and a copy of my visitor record. So, without those documents, I don't believe they will process my application. But, in the upload section of my application, there are no options to upload additional documents. It looks like an officer will have to review my application and request those documents before I can upload them. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello all,

I submitted my open work permit application and didn't realize until right after that I hadn't included my AOR letter and a copy of my visitor record. So, without those documents, I don't believe they will process my application. But, in the upload section of my application, there are no options to upload additional documents. It looks like an officer will have to review my application and request those documents before I can upload them. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance
You can compile them along with your passport and then submit it.

foxtrot44

Nov 8, 2023
We did that and now we got an email back from them with a link to the IRCC webforms, and he said we should make a request to add additional documents there. But that is exactly what we originally had tried to do. So I am not sure what to do. I am not sure why he didn't just upload the document I had asked him to upload.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​

If you have an application in process and would like to provide additional document(s) (e.g., letter of explanation, newly renewed passport, etc.), we invite you to fill out the IRCC Web form available on our website and upload your additional document(s).
It will be at the responsible office’s discretion to determine if the request is approved.​

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
Sincerely,
Michel, agent # 4480
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html