+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can he keep his temporary residency if I withdraw before PR is processed ?

sjoh

Aug 13, 2018
i just want to know out of curiousity - I applied to sponsor my significant other last year in August and also applied for a temporary residence permit for him (bridging visa ) which he received in September and was/is valid for 2 years.
I know that if I try to withdraw AFTER they’ve given him PR there’s nothing I can do but i can withdraw if I submit the request before. But if I withdraw I don’t want him to lose his temporary residency - would he still be able to keep that? He’s already ha his medical as well but we haven’t heard anything since

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i just want to know out of curiousity - I applied to sponsor my significant other last year in August and also applied for a temporary residence permit for him (bridging visa ) which he received in September and was/is valid for 2 years.
I know that if I try to withdraw AFTER they’ve given him PR there’s nothing I can do but i can withdraw if I submit the request before. But if I withdraw I don’t want him to lose his temporary residency - would he still be able to keep that? He’s already ha his medical as well but we haven’t heard anything since
Are you sure he has a TRP? TRPs are a special class of visa reserved for those who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada - typically due to a crime.

Are you sure he doesn't have an open work permit?

Reactions: mariakhalid2019
Dec 29, 2018
Depending on his status in Canada, if he has no status after you withdraw the spousal sponsorship, he could get a removal order. if he has a work permit based on spousal, that too will be nil and void. I have actually done that and trust me not worth going unless you really are sure your spouse (excuse my language) is a scumbag using you for immigration only.