+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can H1B Visa holder visit Canada after August 9th border reopening

manasi0392

Jun 1, 2021
Hi,

I am a h1b visa holder in the states, I am hoping to visit my fiancé in Ontario after border reopening on august 9th, however, I am not sure if H1B Visa holders are allowed as the statement from IRCC mentioned that fully vaccinated American Citizens and Permanent residents will be allowed to visit Canada after August 9th. I am fully vaccinated and have not travelled anywhere outside the US since past one year. I have a Canadian visitor visa already.

Just wanted to make sure that I am allowed to visit before I make any flight reservations.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am a h1b visa holder in the states, I am hoping to visit my fiancé in Ontario after border reopening on august 9th, however, I am not sure if H1B Visa holders are allowed as the statement from IRCC mentioned that fully vaccinated American Citizens and Permanent residents will be allowed to visit Canada after August 9th. I am fully vaccinated and have not travelled anywhere outside the US since past one year. I have a Canadian visitor visa already.

Just wanted to make sure that I am allowed to visit before I make any flight reservations.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
You are not PR or citizen, so no.

Reactions: manasi0392

ragav4evr

Apr 3, 2018
Hi guys, slightly differing situation than the above. We are planning to move to canada for good from the usa and we are canadian permanent residents. Didnt travel anywhere out of usa for the past 2 years and now moving to canada for work. Are we eligible? Pls advise. Booked all flights and everything but now worried a bit. Pls pls advise.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys, slightly differing situation than the above. We are planning to move to canada for good from the usa and we are canadian permanent residents. Didnt travel anywhere out of usa for the past 2 years and now moving to canada for work. Are we eligible? Pls advise. Booked all flights and everything but now worried a bit. Pls pls advise.
You are PR so yes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If I have EAD with Advance Parole will I be able to travel across the border?
No. Only US green card holders and citizens.