+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Freelancer apply as Self Employed Category?

Mrbhandari

Feb 3, 2017
Hi All,

My wife is certified yoga teacher, she teaches public classes and private classes for individuals, has student followers in her teacher's meet up umbrella. She also manages facebook page, two instagram accounts where she has few thousands followers of for her work and as well potential students. She is doing this since last two years where she makes decent living. Just as recently she has signed a free lancer contract with a massive company to teach yoga to their staffs, and one more contract with a five star hotel where she teachers on profit share basis per attending students. Under such criteria does she qualify for Self Employed Immigrant for permanent residence? Her Yoga teacher job falls under Athlet( sports and recreational,job cat B Noc 5254) or it could also fit into cultural activities, given Yoga and Meditation part of ancient art of living. In view of contribution of economic area, I saw growing demand of Yoga teacher in Canada recently.

Pradip

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would avoid the self employment immigration class if you want to come to Canada any time soon. It has the longest processing times of pretty much any program. You should be prepared for processing to take 7-8 years.

DREAM17CANADA

Jan 19, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
I would avoid the self employment immigration class if you want to come to Canada any time soon. It has the longest processing times of pretty much any program. You should be prepared for processing to take 7-8 years.

I have applied in Mach 2016, some says it will be completed in 2.5 years? did you get PR in this self employed process? how long take it for you?
How is life in Canada by this self employed class?