+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can fake visa affect new visa or PR later?

Toronto316

Jun 9, 2017
Hi, a friend of mine have got involved in a strange situation, he got a TRV visa of Canada through a travel agent in exchange for an amount of money back in 2017, there was no any interview or biometrics involved, he bought airline ticket and went to airport where he was detained for 24 hours and was told that the visa is fake and "there is no record of it in their database".
Now he wants to apply for a work visa and his question is are the airport officers going to contact the CIC or embassy of Canada and send them the scan of a visa to make sure it is genuine ? if so is that going to affect obtaining a TRV of Canada later? and if he get a visa and go to Canada and make refugee claim is the aforementioned problem going to affect his case, refugee status and PR?
Note: he's got a contract with the travel agent in which it was agreed upon that the travel agent must obtain the visa legally, so my friend got the case in court and the judge ruled in favor of my friend because he didn't do anything illegal and it was the travel agent's fault.

Thank you very much.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Which airport? Canada or his home country? Which airline?
Despite your friends court ruling, IRCC holds the applicant fully responsible for their application. Difficult to say if IRCC has any knowledge if this if it is a complete forgery. Question 3 on the application form will require him to report that he committed fraud for the fake visa....whether it’s his fault or not.

Reactions: Toronto316

Toronto316

Jun 9, 2017
Thank for your reply
Which airport? Canada or his home country? Which airline?
Sorry I forget to mention but it was at Baghdad Int. airport in Iraq, I don't know which airline though.

Despite your friends court ruling, IRCC holds the applicant fully responsible for their application. Difficult to say if IRCC has any knowledge if this if it is a complete forgery. Question 3 on the application form will require him to report that he committed fraud for the fake visa....whether it’s his fault or not.
as far as I know the travel agent never applied for him for the visa neither online nor at the embassy, so there was no trace of it on IRCC but if the airport contacted IRCC then maybe they have a record of my friend of some sort after that don't you think? , my friend told me that they told him at the court the visa sticker was stolen by the travel agent somehow and then printed his name, date of birth etc on it, and told him it was an almost perfect forgery.

Question 3 on the application form will require him to report that he committed fraud for the fake visa....whether it’s his fault or not.
if he report that is it going to affect getting a visa if it was not his fault? but how are they going to know if it was not his fault anyway?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Include the details of the court case you spoke of (case #, file 3, etc.) and the results/findings from the court in the available space on question 3. Include a letter of explanation if you have to. It's far more important he be honest about these things than not include them. Failing to include the information is misrepresentation, and that WILL get him banned.

Toronto316

Jun 9, 2017
Include the details of the court case you spoke of (case #, file 3, etc.) and the results/findings from the court in the available space on question 3. Include a letter of explanation if you have to. It's far more important he be honest about these things than not include them. Failing to include the information is misrepresentation, and that WILL get him banned.
Thanks I will tell him about your suggestion which is logical, you have been of great help, I appreciate it.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Believe it or not you are admissible to Canada. What you described sounds like misrepresentation except that you didn't actually apply. You haven't applied for a visa and you haven't seen a Canadian border agent to make an application for entry, so it doesn't count. You did have false documents in your possession but you were not aware they're invalid and your court case proves that, so you are also clear on the committing act provision.

Remember, the airline employees have your best interest in mind if they had let you in that time you would have actually been arrested in Canada upon landing for committing a crime upon entry, and you could have been sentenced to jail, deported and then barred from reentry to Canada for serious criminality.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Believe it or not you are admissible to Canada. What you described sounds like misrepresentation except that you didn't actually apply. You haven't applied for a visa and you haven't seen a Canadian border agent to make an application for entry, so it doesn't count. You did have false documents in your possession but you were not aware they're invalid and your court case proves that, so you are also clear on the committing act provision.

Remember, the airline employees have your best interest in mind if they had let you in that time you would have actually been arrested in Canada upon landing for committing a crime upon entry, and you could have been sentenced to jail, deported and then barred from reentry to Canada for serious criminality.
The airline officials definitely don't have your best interests at heart. The airline would likely get in trouble and especially that specific employee for allowing someone on a fake travel document to travel. It could have easily been a terrorist. Most likely the fake document would have been found in Europe and the airline would have had to fly your friend back to Iraq at the airline's expense and I assume the employee who let him go would have gotten in big trouble.

Given the large volume of Iraqi refugees I hope your friend has done some travelling to countries needing a vis like the US, UK, Australia, etc, has strong ties in Iraq, has good savings and a good reason to travel to Can

Toronto316

Jun 9, 2017

Thanks for clearing that out, off course he never applied for the visa, as the case proves that, so this means now he enter Canada with a valid visa without a problem, but I don't know how hard it is to get a visa especially these days.

The airline officials definitely don't have your best interests at heart. The airline would likely get in trouble and especially that specific employee for allowing someone on a fake travel document to travel. It could have easily been a terrorist. Most likely the fake document would have been found in Europe and the airline would have had to fly your friend back to Iraq at the airline's expense and I assume the employee who let him go would have gotten in big trouble.

Given the large volume of Iraqi refugees I hope your friend has done some travelling to countries needing a vis like the US, UK, Australia, etc, has strong ties in Iraq, has good savings and a good reason to travel to Can
Thank god he never boarded that plane, he would have been in a world of trouble as you mentioned.

well he's not married, owns an apartment, he got denied for UK visa twice, also applied for US visa twice which got rejected on both occasions, I don't think he's got a good chance to get a Canada visa either.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for clearing that out, off course he never applied for the visa, as the case proves that, so this means now he enter Canada with a valid visa without a problem, but I don't know how hard it is to get a visa especially these days.

Thank god he never boarded that plane, he would have been in a world of trouble as you mentioned.

well he's not married, owns an apartment, he got denied for UK visa twice, also applied for US visa twice which got rejected on both occasions, I don't think he's got a good chance to get a Canada visa either.
He is in luck, because he did not try to enter. However from the story you told he was kind of aware, that the service was shady, but he thought that he would get through. (that is that simplified thinking where you know that you need to have a genuine looking stamp in your passport, but you are forgetting that in the days of computers, they can check the official database as well. So in order to have it genuinely fake, somebody would have to hack that database as well. Which would have been much more expensive than stealing a piece of paper).
Maybe it was easier in the past (that is where this simplified thinking comes from), but since airlines got burned, and they are businesses at the end of the day, they just had to be really strict with any employee letting their guard down and letting through anybody without checking the database.

By best guess, the end goal was to ask for refuge in Canada.

I would say he still might face some kind of issue. They are not that much alert in Canada. But they are alert in that Airlines and maybe even airport. So there is some chance getting into double scrutiny using any of those.

Toronto316

Jun 9, 2017
He is in luck, because he did not try to enter. However from the story you told he was kind of aware, that the service was shady, but he thought that he would get through. (that is that simplified thinking where you know that you need to have a genuine looking stamp in your passport, but you are forgetting that in the days of computers, they can check the official database as well. So in order to have it genuinely fake, somebody would have to hack that database as well. Which would have been much more expensive than stealing a piece of paper).
Maybe it was easier in the past (that is where this simplified thinking comes from), but since airlines got burned, and they are businesses at the end of the day, they just had to be really strict with any employee letting their guard down and letting through anybody without checking the database.

By best guess, the end goal was to ask for refuge in Canada.

I would say he still might face some kind of issue. They are not that much alert in Canada. But they are alert in that Airlines and maybe even airport. So there is some chance getting into double scrutiny using any of those.
thanks, do you think he still got a chance to enter Canada?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Given his history of refusals to the UK and US, chances are probably pretty slim he will get a TRV. He will need to prove strong ties, sufficient funds and purpose of travel, and he should expect extra scrutiny during the processing.