+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can diploma holder with canadian work experience get PR?

Raksha17

Aug 22, 2017
Hi,
My spouse is a diploma in Electronics and communication with 17 years of work experience in Network and cloud solutioning.
He had worked for 2 years in Canada during 2009-2011
He is yet to give his IELTS. Planning to give it in October
Will he be able to get PR? Can he be the Primary Applicant?

I am a BE in Information Science with 10 years work experience. I am currently on Career break.

Should we go ahead with my profile as Primary Applicant?
We got a lot of mixed responses when we asked about Diploma candidate being Primary applicant.
Please help us by clearing our doubts

Thanks in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calculate your expected scores using the CRS tool, whoever has the higher score should be the primary applicant.

Raksha17

Aug 22, 2017
We calculated.... And he gets more points based on his Canadian work experience....
But we were also told that a Bachelor's degree is mandatory for PR.
Hence the confusion....
Is Bachelor's degree really mandatory?

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Hi,
My spouse is a diploma in Electronics and communication with 17 years of work experience in Network and cloud solutioning.
He had worked for 2 years in Canada during 2009-2011
He is yet to give his IELTS. Planning to give it in October
Will he be able to get PR? Can he be the Primary Applicant?

I am a BE in Information Science with 10 years work experience. I am currently on Career break.

Should we go ahead with my profile as Primary Applicant?
We got a lot of mixed responses when we asked about Diploma candidate being Primary applicant.
Please help us by clearing our doubts

Thanks in advance.

Yes. He is also able to get PR. He has Canadian experience which advantage to the profile. He can be primary applicant.

Eligibility points is important than minimum criteria. Eligibility is minimum 1 year within last years. But eligibility point saturated 6 years on last 10 years. It means that if you have 6years and above, you will get max points in eligibility. Maximum points helps to get 67/100 which is eligible to apply Express entry.

Where as in CRS scale, 3.5years of 5 last years gives the max CRS points.

I explained these because you are in career break. You will get better score on age factor but you may lose score in experience since he has Canadian experience.

You can create two profiles. He can be primary in one and dependent on another and you will be vice versa. From reception of ITA, only one application can be move forward. then you can delete the another.

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
We calculated.... And he gets more points based on his Canadian work experience....
But we were also told that a Bachelor's degree is mandatory for PR.
Hence the confusion....
Is Bachelor's degree really mandatory?
No. It gives better score. But It is not mandatory.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

If the tool determines that you're eligible. You can proceed.

Raksha17

Aug 22, 2017
Thanks for the replies.....
We have applied for Educational assessment for both of us.
We will see what points we get from there.

Raksha17

Aug 22, 2017
No, the ECA is not done yet. We are missing a few marksheets and we are in the process of procuring duplicate marksheets.

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018
No, the ECA is not done yet. We are missing a few marksheets and we are in the process of procuring duplicate marksheets.
When you get the ECA result. Please share. It will help to many people who are like me. I have the same education. After 10 and 12th I did diploma in mechanical engineering. Thank you.

kARUNA123@#$

Jul 2, 2018
The ECA was done and we have received it as "Diploma (two years)"
Thank you for your replying. Could you please tell me that is Canadian Equivalency as Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)?. If you have created a profile in express entry, please tell me how many CRS points will be given to this diploma? I look forward to your reply. Thank you.