+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Dependant child of refugees return to their home country after getting PR in canada?

steven@gomes

Aug 18, 2023
My little brother was added as dependant child when my parent claimed asylum in canada. She got her PR and my brother will also will fly to canada and get his PR eventually.
The parent will not be able to return to home country but will my brother be able to return to home country after getting the PR?
My parent claimed asylum in canada and add him as her dependant at that time. My brother did not claim the asylum. Will there be problems for him in returning to his home country?

Reactions: Aworemifestus

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My little brother was added as dependant child when my parent claimed asylum in canada. She got her PR and my brother will also will fly to canada and get his PR eventually.
The parent will not be able to return to home country but will my brother be able to return to home country after getting the PR?
My parent claimed asylum in canada and add him as her dependant at that time. My brother did not claim the asylum. Will there be problems for him in returning to his home country?
Yes dependant can return back to the Country of Origin..

Reactions: steven@gomes

steven@gomes

Aug 18, 2023
Yes dependant can return back to the Country of Origin..
Thank you a lot for the kind reply. I just want to ask another confirmation question. My brother was add as dependent child under protected persons refuge program that my parent claimed. In this circumstances will my brother be able to return to his country of origin? My mother claimed for asylum added him in the the list while he was still in the country of origin. Sorry for disturbing you and thank you again for your time.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you a lot for the kind reply. I just want to ask another confirmation question. My brother was add as dependent child under protected persons refuge program that my parent claimed. In this circumstances will my brother be able to return to his country of origin? My mother claimed for asylum added him in the the list while he was still in the country of origin. Sorry for disturbing you and thank you again for your time.
Yes brother is not protected person, was added as oversea dependant, so YES, he can go back to COO

steven@gomes

Aug 18, 2023
Can a PR card holder with DR category (DR: Dependant of REF-CDA residing abroad and in Canada and who have not been deemed to be a Convention refugee in his/her own right) travel back to their home country before becoming Canadian citizen? My young brother came to Canada as a permanent resident. my Parent claimed refuge status and applied for him as dependent child. His category of Permanent resident is DR. Will he be able to return to the country of origin or his home country before getting citizenship. He wants to get married. Any kind of experience and information of the users regarding this or IRCC website would be really helpful and appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Can a PR card holder with DR category (DR: Dependant of REF-CDA residing abroad and in Canada and who have not been deemed to be a Convention refugee in his/her own right) travel back to their home country before becoming Canadian citizen? My young brother came to Canada as a permanent resident. my Parent claimed refuge status and applied for him as dependent child. His category of Permanent resident is DR. Will he be able to return to the country of origin or his home country before getting citizenship. He wants to get married. Any kind of experience and information of the users regarding this or IRCC website would be really helpful and appreciated. Thank you in advance.
He can return as long as he falls under category DR and not CR08