+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can dentist from India apply as dental assistant

Reshma94

Aug 1, 2022
No i am a dentist from India. And since the degree is from unaccredited countries,i hve to apply ndeb..but i hve heard that dentist can apply/ work as dental assistant in canada without any course.. moreover since it's coming in teer system as new job opening, it was just a doubt as dentist are capable for this job

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No i am a dentist from India. And since the degree is from unaccredited countries,i hve to apply ndeb..but i hve heard that dentist can apply/ work as dental assistant in canada without any course.. moreover since it's coming in teer system as new job opening, it was just a doubt as dentist are capable for this job
You need to immigrate first and be selected based on your age, education, work experience and language skills. For work experience, you have to have employment letters to show you are working in the NOC. If you are a dentist now, then you do not use that NOC for Express Entry. Once in Canada, you can work as a dental assistant once licensed.

Sorlic23

Jun 22, 2023
You need to immigrate first and be selected based on your age, education, work experience and language skills. For work experience, you have to have employment letters to show you are working in the NOC. If you are a dentist now, then you do not use that NOC for Express Entry. Once in Canada, you can work as a dental assistant once licensed.
Thanks Natirgrl...yes that is correct. You need to have a PR and then you can apply to our DA programs. If you need further information, please check out our website: https://sodentalcollege.com/academics/dental-assisting/