+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can dengue affect medicals?

jeea

Dec 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is an outbreak of dengue in my home country - is dengue checked for during medicals?

Can dengue impact the medical results? Is there any precautionary prescription for dengue?

Br,
J

aamirdr

Oct 16, 2008
Remedical done Medical Done
Category........
Visa Office......
London now... old Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 -08- 2009
Doc's Request.
8 -10-2009
AOR Received.
8-10-2009
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
16-8-2009
Med's Request
re medical done march 2014
Med's Done....
passed
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Insha Allah in october 2014
no dangue not checked

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Dengue carrying mosquitoes are day biting. PREVENTION is the only "medicine"...use protective clothing, DEET, etc. Good Luck.
http://www.cdc.gov/dengue/prevention/index.html
Prevention
How to reduce your risk of dengue infection:
There is no vaccine available against dengue, and there are no specific medications to treat a dengue infection. This makes prevention the most important step, and prevention means avoiding mosquito bites if you live in or travel to an endemic area.

The best way to reduce mosquitoes is to eliminate the places where the mosquito lays her eggs, like artificial containers that hold water in and around the home. Outdoors, clean water containers like pet and animal watering containers, flower planter dishes or cover water storage barrels. Look for standing water indoors such as in vases with fresh flowers and clean at least once a week.

The adult mosquitoes like to bite inside as well as around homes, during the day and at night when the lights are on. To protect yourself, use repellent on your skin while indoors or out. When possible, wear long sleeves and pants for additional protection. Also, make sure window and door screens are secure and without holes. If available, use air-conditioning.

If someone in your house is ill with dengue, take extra precautions to prevent mosquitoes from biting the patient and going on to bite others in the household. Sleep under a mosquito bed net, eliminate mosquitoes you find indoors and wear repellent!
List of repellant products approved by the EPA : http://cfpub.epa.gov/oppref/insect/

This is some really long text to take up some space for Firefox and force the page to take up 100% of the available screen width. This style should not be deleted.

getcanada

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
jeea said:
There is an outbreak of dengue in my home country - is dengue checked for during medicals?

Can dengue impact the medical results? Is there any precautionary prescription for dengue?

Br,
J
[size=10pt]NO, dengue is not contagious[/size]

jeea

Dec 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks aamirdr, pippin and getcanada!

Appreciate your replies.

Br,
J

jeea

Dec 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I understand, during Medical they check for:

What is included in the medical examination?
 Complete medical examination - for persons of all ages
 A Chest X-ray and report - for all persons 11 years of age and over (and others if there are concerns of TB in the family)
 Urinalysis including microscopic examination - for persons 5 years of age and over
 Syphilis serology - for persons 15 years of age and over
 HIV testing for 15 years of age and over, children who have received blood or blood products or who have a known HIV positive mother or all potential adoptees. If the first test is positive, a second confirmatory test must be done at the expense of the applicant.

Also I want to understand if they perform any blood investigations? Can a recent Dengue / Malaria - impact the medical examination?

Br,
J

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
Pippin said:
Dengue carrying mosquitoes are day biting. PREVENTION is the only "medicine"...use protective clothing, DEET, etc. Good Luck.
http://www.cdc.gov/dengue/prevention/index.html
Prevention
How to reduce your risk of dengue infection:
There is no vaccine available against dengue, and there are no specific medications to treat a dengue infection. This makes prevention the most important step, and prevention means avoiding mosquito bites if you live in or travel to an endemic area.

The best way to reduce mosquitoes is to eliminate the places where the mosquito lays her eggs, like artificial containers that hold water in and around the home. Outdoors, clean water containers like pet and animal watering containers, flower planter dishes or cover water storage barrels. Look for standing water indoors such as in vases with fresh flowers and clean at least once a week.

The adult mosquitoes like to bite inside as well as around homes, during the day and at night when the lights are on. To protect yourself, use repellent on your skin while indoors or out. When possible, wear long sleeves and pants for additional protection. Also, make sure window and door screens are secure and without holes. If available, use air-conditioning.

If someone in your house is ill with dengue, take extra precautions to prevent mosquitoes from biting the patient and going on to bite others in the household. Sleep under a mosquito bed net, eliminate mosquitoes you find indoors and wear repellent!
List of repellant products approved by the EPA : http://cfpub.epa.gov/oppref/insect/

This is some really long text to take up some space for Firefox and force the page to take up 100% of the available screen width. This style should not be deleted.
+1 for your time and effort

jeea

Dec 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,

Please suggest: During Medical do they perform any blood investigations? Can a recent Dengue / Malaria - impact the medical examination?

Br,
J

ASK

Dec 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Oct 2009
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2010
File Transfer...
06 Jan 2010
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
20 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
04 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
01 July 2013
LANDED..........
06 Oct 2013 (hopefully)
jeea said:
All,

Please suggest: During Medical do they perform any blood investigations? Can a recent Dengue / Malaria - impact the medical examination?

Br,
J
During Medical, they do take your blood and urine for testing. But those tests do not include if your are infected with Malaria / Dengue. Panel physicians have a set of instructions from CIC on what all tests should be conducted and unfortunately I don't have access to it. The physicians are not supposed to disclose the results of the medical examination to the patient/client as per CIC instruction. I believe some of those are general routine tests and for STDs. If anyone has a link to the detailed list of tests done, please share it. Thanks.

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASK said:
During Medical, they do take your blood and urine for testing. But those tests do not include if your are infected with Malaria / Dengue. Panel physicians have a set of instructions from CIC on what all tests should be conducted and unfortunately I don't have access to it. The physicians are not supposed to disclose the results of the medical examination to the patient/client as per CIC instruction. I believe some of those are general routine tests and for STDs. If anyone has a link to the detailed list of tests done, please share it. Thanks.
Not sure whether this can help

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf

Joe212121

Feb 21, 2020
if i had dengue 2 years before will they reject my Canadian visa...I have mentioned it dyeing my visa medicals to the Doctor