+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can CIC keep sending CIT0520 requests to delay one's file?

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Context:
Full-blown CIT0171 RQ pre-test.
Test a few months later.
2 years later, CIT0520 #1, then CIT0520 #2.

Given I've already sent all available documents (CIT0171), can they re-ask for the exact same documents again and again?
Are they legally allowed to keep sending a new CIT0520 every now and then, without really moving forward with my file?

What can I do about this?

Does a mandamus have enough basis?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
There is no legal prohibition on them doing that, but if there are repeated requests for the same information then that could be grounds for a mandamus as it would seem dilatory to send a request for the same info over and over again.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tsooma said:
Context:
Test a few months later.

Given I've already sent all available documents (CIT0171), can they re-ask for the exact same documents again and again?
Are they legally allowed to keep sending a new CIT0520 every now and then, without really moving forward with my file?

Hey Tsooma
I would suggest to draft the letter with an explanation like - sent documents on CIT0171 request, then both CIT0520.
underline all similar documents sent, threaten to go for Mandamus and ask your MP to fax this letter to McCallum and CC it to your local office and the Case Management Branch.

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
Hey Tsooma
I would suggest to draft the letter with an explanation like - sent documents on CIT0171 request, then both CIT0520.
underline all similar documents sent, threaten to go for Mandamus and ask your MP to fax this letter to McCallum and CC it to your local office and the Case Management Branch.
Thanks ambient2, I'll start preparing my case for the Mandamus and letter!

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Hi Tsooma,

Congrats, do you mind sharing your timeline and the office that was processing your application?

Thanks,

tsooma

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaroddz said:
Hi Tsooma,

Congrats, do you mind sharing your timeline and the office that was processing your application?

Thanks,
Added timeline to signature

stone8198

May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you actually send the CITs for Sept and Oct or you got decision made even before sending any documents?

tsooma said:
Context:
Test a few months later.