07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
scylla said:
You may be surprised to learn that a poll from a couple of years ago found that those who had become Canadian through immigration came out more strongly in favour of tougher immigration and citizenship laws than those who were born here.
Yeah, only after they get citizenship. Like, "Hey I already got it so who cares how many years it's gonna take you to get it" :p

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
No surprise there.

For these new citizens the mentality is, "Close the door, but just let me in"

ZingyDNA said:
Yeah, only after they get citizenship. Like, "Hey I already got it so who cares how many years it's gonna take you to get it" :p

FUNCAN

Jun 14, 2015
rayman_m said:
Yes this will be another potentiality for new citizens who will be looking bride in near future.. They should see their value of Canadian citizenship went high in their homeland as in coming decade very few people will taste Canadian citizenship compare to last decade..
Hilarious conversation about the BEAUTY and IMPORTANCE of the canadian citizenship :p

The irony is: a SECOND class citizenship worth no more than toilet paper

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
scylla said:
You may be surprised to learn that a poll from a couple of years ago found that those who had become Canadian through immigration came out more strongly in favour of tougher immigration and citizenship laws than those who were born here.
I absolutely believe that poll because the one group of Canadian's that is most disadvantaged by high levels of immigration are "new" Canadians. Generally speaking the "establishment" is in favour of high levels of immigration because it drives down wages especially for people not born in Canada.

It's not unreasonable to argue that high levels of immigration is anti immigrant, anti 90% and pro business/establishment and low levels are pro immigrant, pro 90% but anti business/establishment.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paw339 said:
I absolutely believe that poll because the one group of Canadian's that is most disadvantaged by high levels of immigration are "new" Canadians. Generally speaking the "establishment" is in favour of high levels of immigration because it drives down wages especially for people not born in Canada.

It's not unreasonable to argue that high levels of immigration is anti immigrant, anti 90% and pro business/establishment and low levels are pro immigrant, pro 90% but anti business/establishment.
More labour from the 3rd world is working perfectly for the big corporations, because these people don't demand high wages.
At the same time the corporations are using the cheap and effective labour in their production centres in Asia.

Absolute Win Win situation for the big corporations.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those of you who are still crying about the new law taking effect now and who think there is a chance to reverse it by challenging it in courts, how long is it going to take you before you suck it up?

There had to be a cut off point, whether you like it or not, whether you think it's fair or not, there just had to be a cut off point. Yes it may be unfair for those who already were PRs when the bill passed last year, but do you really expect a law to take effect 3-4 years after it passed?

You are the unlucky ones, that's true. You were hoping to apply in the next couple months but now it will take you additional year. Do you really think anyone is really going to listen to your frustration or sympathize with you? Most Canadians won't even understand why you are frustrated, for waiting another year? To them, if you are living in the country and have access to the exact same job market, social benefits, freedoms everyone enjoys, and most importantly you don't plan to get the passport and leave the next day, then why does it matter if you become a citizen today or in 10 years?

Whether you agree with me or not, you gotta understand something. You represent a very small portion of the population, anywhere between 200 and 250 thousands, probably 80% of which don't even care when they can apply, as long as they can still apply. The remaining 20% who care about when to apply represent at most 50 thousand of the 35 million population.

Do you still think anyone is going to listen to you?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
For those of you who are still crying about the new law taking effect now and who think there is a chance to reverse it by challenging it in courts, how long is it going to take you before you suck it up?

There had to be a cut off point, whether you like it or not, whether you think it's fair or not, there just had to be a cut off point. Yes it may be unfair for those who already were PRs when the bill passed last year, but do you really expect a law to take effect 3-4 years after it passed?

You are the unlikely ones, that's true. You were hoping to apply in the next couple months but now it will take you additional year. Do you really think anyone is really going to listen to your frustration or sympathize with you? Most Canadians won't even understand why you are frustrated, for waiting another year? To them, if you are living in the country and have access to the exact same job market, social benefits, freedoms everyone enjoys, and most importantly you don't plan to get the passport and leave the next day, then why does it matter if you become a citizen today or in 10 years?

Whether you agree with me or not, you gotta understand something. You represent a very small portion of the population, anywhere between 200 and 250 thousands, probably 80% of which don't even care when they can apply, as long as they can still apply. The remaining 20% who care about when to apply represent at most 50 thousand of the 35 million population.

Do you still think anyone is going to listen to you?
I am one of those who doesn't care when and if I will be Canadian or not.
But at the same time I strongly believe that there is a huge number of people who are waiting just to get the passport and leave ASAP.
Exactly because of them all that law has changed.

rateb55

Apr 20, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
I am one of those who doesn't care when and if I will be Canadian or not.
But at the same time I strongly believe that there is a huge number of people who are waiting just to get the passport and leave ASAP.
Exactly because of them all that law has changed.
I'm also not interested Although I live for more than 19 years
If I want to travel I travel within Canada in need all my life until discovered :D :D :D

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rateb55 said:
I'm also not interested Although I live for more than 19 years
If I want to travel I travel within Canada in need all my life until discovered :D :D :D
My true disappointment from this new Law is that again it will be pretty easy to get granted with citizenship.
Basically only small cosmetic changes.

The residency requirement should have been at least 5 years as a PR, before the actual application.

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is the NDP stance on it. NDP is on a winning roll at the moment.

http://www.ndp.ca/news/ndp-calls-changes-to-bill-c-24

rateb55

Apr 20, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
My true disappointment from this new Law is that again it will be pretty easy to get granted with citizenship.
Basically only small cosmetic changes.

The residency requirement should have been at least 5 years as a PR, before the actual application.
Oh dear
The current law is good
4 years plus 1 year study of this application is enough
4 +1 = 5 years
And do not forget
Account days before PR
Non-routine file
The file is incomplete documents

rateb55

Apr 20, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punk said:
Here is the NDP stance on it. NDP is on a winning roll at the moment.

http://www.ndp.ca/news/ndp-calls-changes-to-bill-c-24
Oh dear
This Old news since more than a year

2014 05 28
NDP calls for changes to Bill C-24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rateb55 said:
Oh dear
The current law is good
4 years plus 1 year study of this application is enough
4 +1 = 5 years
And do not forget
Account days before PR
Non-routine file
The file is incomplete documents
During the actual processing of the application the people still can make long absences if they have stayed already 6 months before the submission of their application. which is not exactly the same like 5 years of physical residence as PR BEFORE the signature.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
rayman_m said:
They should see their value of Canadian citizenship went high in their homeland as in coming decade very few people will taste Canadian citizenship compare to last decade..
The thing is though... Canadian citizenship is still quite accessible despite tightening in some areas. I really think people are overrating how much tougher things are.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
The thing is though... Canadian citizenship is still quite accessible despite tightening in some areas. I really think people are overrating how much tougher things are.
Absolutely Correct