+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can canada strict or stop the immigration after 2025-2035 Your Opinion About This

mukundofficial07

Mar 23, 2021
Can canada strict or stop the immigration after 2025-2035 Your Opinion About This What changes you think should be done in current Express Entry System??

Thanks!!

• Sad
Reactions: santi_marlon

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I think immigration will slow down immigration numbers a bit in 2-3 years. Until 2023 a lot of immigrants will be coming into the country, adapting and slowly settling there. Immigration won’t stop, right now scores for FSW are going to be high because of the backlog and an influx of US visa holders seeking security now that the US is making it difficult for people to settle there.

Canada is basically absorbing US talent “You don’t want them? Well, we’ll take your IT professionals by giving them easy PR”. It’s a good deal for Canada, getting professionals ready to work without having invested a cent on training them.

After Covid is stabilized, I think covid recession will cause immigration to be more competitive and EE might see a major reform. Many people are realizing now their countries won’t recover easily after 2 years of lockdowns, many industries have been hurt.

Covid has exposed some of Canada’s immigration system’s flaws. Canada wanted the “best of the best” but what happens when your PhD immigrants end up with survival jobs and not fully contributing to the country?

OINP has already started ranking people by field of studies and considering the current unemployment, I can see them giving preference either to people already employed in Canada (that way they make sure they’re employable enough to contribute) or people abroad who they deem highly employable: engineers, IT professionals, in-demand trades, healthcare workers...
I also believe they’ll start making the foreign-Canadian credential equivalences smoother, it’s useless to get super skilled doctors and nurses if it takes them 3-5 years to get their credentials validated in Canada and start using their skills. So my bet is that the process will be fast-tracked in the future for certain regulated professions.

Overall I think EE will change very soon and will become more like Australia and NZ.

If we compre what it took to immigrate to Canada 10 years ago, the requirements were way lower. Many FSW applicants who got their PR before EE wouldn’t be even close to the current EE cutoff scores now with the profile they had back then.

Reactions: Bacelor

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Can canada strict or stop the immigration after 2025-2035 Your Opinion About This What changes you think should be done in current Express Entry System??

Thanks!!
And people seem to forget that not everyone aka the Voters agree totally on the Government’s policy on immigration.
Federally I usually voted Liberal, but NOT this far left Liberal

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019

Thanks!!
Firstly I'd like to know and seek your opinion instead my opinion why you ask this question! bit strange inquiry
If you tend to participate in Express Entry or any migration pool never never postpone to later and do it now
Yes everything possible
and I am agree that the process will be slowing maybe 2-3 years later

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
I think immigration will slow down immigration numbers a bit in 2-3 years. Until 2023 a lot of immigrants will be coming into the country, adapting and slowly settling there. Immigration won’t stop, right now scores for FSW are going to be high because of the backlog and an influx of US visa holders seeking security now that the US is making it difficult for people to settle there.

Canada is basically absorbing US talent “You don’t want them? Well, we’ll take your IT professionals by giving them easy PR”. It’s a good deal for Canada, getting professionals ready to work without having invested a cent on training them.

After Covid is stabilized, I think covid recession will cause immigration to be more competitive and EE might see a major reform. Many people are realizing now their countries won’t recover easily after 2 years of lockdowns, many industries have been hurt.

Covid has exposed some of Canada’s immigration system’s flaws. Canada wanted the “best of the best” but what happens when your PhD immigrants end up with survival jobs and not fully contributing to the country?

OINP has already started ranking people by field of studies and considering the current unemployment, I can see them giving preference either to people already employed in Canada (that way they make sure they’re employable enough to contribute) or people abroad who they deem highly employable: engineers, IT professionals, in-demand trades, healthcare workers...
I also believe they’ll start making the foreign-Canadian credential equivalences smoother, it’s useless to get super skilled doctors and nurses if it takes them 3-5 years to get their credentials validated in Canada and start using their skills. So my bet is that the process will be fast-tracked in the future for certain regulated professions.

Overall I think EE will change very soon and will become more like Australia and NZ.
If we compre what it took to immigrate to Canada 10 years ago, the requirements were way lower. Many FSW applicants who got their PR before EE wouldn’t be even close to the current EE cutoff scores now with the profile they had back then.
Totally agree i have been chasing requirements since 2017 for one ITA., each time i added up a qualification to boost my score up the cut off ... by the time i find the cut off has raised and i need again to boost my score untill luckily i hocked up with one ITA in DEC 2020 and guess what Corona restrictions are the new challenges. Now the way i took is not sufficient any more as when i try to advice friends how i secured an ITA i add to their information that French language or a canadian status relative is required.

I believe there will be no more FSW EE as of now.

mukundofficial07

Mar 23, 2021
Totally agree i have been chasing requirements since 2017 for one ITA., each time i added up a qualification to boost my score up the cut off ... by the time i find the cut off has raised and i need again to boost my score untill lucky i hocked up with one ITA. Now the way i took is not sufficient any more as when i try to advice friends how i secured an ITA i add to their information that French language or a canadian status relative is required.

If I have score of 479 what are the chances of getting ITA

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
If I have score of 479 what are the chances of getting ITA
Since the beginning of 2021 there were about 15 draws, none of them was FSW or non-specific pro. all of them were either PNP or CEC https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html
and still at least there will be 18 draws it is less likely there will be any FSW draws for 2021 but if happened your chances are even with 4500+ candidates standing at CRS 481+ !!! In the pool now

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

PNP is one good solution (at least as i see it)
I recommend that if you fit in one PNP go for it while it last now

GL

mukundofficial07

Mar 23, 2021
Is PNP a good option for me and do you think PNP will be also get harder after 2-3 years specially of Nova Scotia
Since the beginning of 2021 there were about 15 draws, none of them was FSW or non-specific pro. all of them were either PNP or CEC https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-rounds.html
and still at least there will be 18 draws it is less likely there will be any FSW draws for 2021 but if happened your chances are even with 4500+ candidates standing at CRS 481+ !!! In the pool now

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations.html

PNP is one good solution (at least as i see it)
I recommend that if you fit in one PNP go for it while it last now

GL
Can you please tell how much is your CRS??

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Can you please tell how much is your CRS??
440s
+ 600 PNP
1000+ total score CLB9+, Masters, 10+ experience

However degrees are not very significant nowadays as much as canadian experience or work skills meaning a truck driver with experience in Canada and least English language becomes more qualified than PHd native speaker depending on specialization.

Express Entry is not how we view it rather is what are Canada needs.

Check out new path way TR to PR program for Canadian experienced workers hope you might meet any of the targeted essential occupations.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/trpr-canadian-work-experience.html#annex-a

santreddy

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2020
Nomination.....
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
05-12-2020
Med's Done....
11-09-2020
Passport Req..
21-07-2021
Once upon a time, the USA used to issue Green cards before 2001 like Canada Immigration is doing now. But after 9/11, situations have changed, and the current wait period for Green Cards in the US has increased to a minimum of 20 years. Definitely, Canada will slow down the process in the future, and wait time increases drastically.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Immigration will continue but i think intake will start reducing and competition will increase.

I'm not so sure Canadians want this high level of immigration for the foreseeable future, it's going to start becoming a hot button issue here.