+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN ANYONE WILLING TO HELP ME TO SOLVE FOR MY CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION?

jm02

Sep 11, 2015
[size=10pt]Returned my application twice with same reason:

The passport(s) or travel document(s) provided do not cover the 6 year period preceding the date of your application. Please send us a photocopy of the biographical page of any other passport(s) or travel document(s) you have had during the relevant 6 year period.

My mom & my 2 sisters stamped their application as complete, but me and my dad got incomplete when we have the same passport(s) or travel document(s) and never leave Canada since then.

Can you please help me? Thank you.
[/size]

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your & your dad's passport does not cover the past 6 years, you have to explain it (why it does not cover six years) in a letter and attach the letter with the application...

jm02

Sep 11, 2015
TomTony said:
If your & your dad's passport does not cover the past 6 years, you have to explain it (why it does not cover six years) in a letter and attach the letter with the application...
even I have the same documents as my mom and my 2 sisters? I photocopied all biographical pages of my old and new passport. All I have had on my old passport is the day that I left in my country and the day I came in Winnipeg.

jm02

Sep 11, 2015
TomTony said:
and I already attached some letter and explanation for my application and my dad's application.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't understand your case from your explanation. However I clearly understand what CIC wants. My best advise is to got to a citizenship or immigration consultant in Winnipeg.

jm02 said:
and I already attached some letter and explanation for my application and my dad's application.

jm02

Sep 11, 2015
andrew7007 said:
I don't understand your case from your explanation. However I clearly understand what CIC wants. My best advise is to got to a citizenship or immigration consultant in Winnipeg.
this is the explanation I attached with

"This is to resubmit again our Citizenship Application for the reason you returned our application due to passport or travel documents that do not cover 6 year period preceding date of our application.
I called CIC Hotline after I received our returned application and the agent said to resend the package again.
I double checked all the documents I submitted with my other family members and all of us were always the same with regards to passports date of issue, expiry dates. How come mine and my daughter's application is incomplete?
We migrated in Canada together last March 2010 and we never traveled outside Canada since then."

they sent the package twice. all passport(s) documents are complete.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
jm02 said:

"This is to resubmit again our Citizenship Application for the reason you returned our application due to passport or travel documents that do not cover 6 year period preceding date of our application.
I called CIC Hotline after I received our returned application and the agent said to resend the package again.
I double checked all the documents I submitted with my other family members and all of us were always the same with regards to passports date of issue, expiry dates. How come mine and my daughter's application is incomplete?
We migrated in Canada together last March 2010 and we never traveled outside Canada since then."

Nowhere does it state explicitly that there was a period during which you didn't have any travel documents. I would suggest you add that information and remove the argumentative portions of the letter above. The agent accepting the application does not know who your "other family members" are and they're not going to spend two business days trying to find their applications somewhere to compare notes.

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
jm02 said:

This is what I sent to explain the gap and avoid getting my application returned (irrelevant portions to others were removed):

"Photocopies (colour, clear and legible) of all passports that I have held, [. . .] ([nationality] passport [number] covering November 14, 2006 through November 13, 2011, and [nationality] passport [number] covering February 03, 2012 through February 02, 2017). Between November 14, 2011 and February 02, 2012 I did not have a valid passport. I have never held any other passports;"

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks
I am very stressed so any help will be appreciated.
Applied citizens in 2011 received RQ because i don't meet the residence requirements and then the judge decided to reject my application in march 2015. Again i applied in april 2015 and now i received a letter to passed the test in september 24.
I am so worried because i do not have all the passeport Who cover a residence period. I am afraid to get again a RQ.
So what do you advice me to carry with me to the interview?
Btw i was student until december 2014. Now i don't work yet.

Thank you very much

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Take all passports you have (expired and current). Be ready to explain why you don't have some of them and bring police reports if any of them were lost/stolen(most, if not all, gov'ts require a police report in order to replace lost/stolen passports). Also bring any additional proof of residence like:
1. history of doctor visits (contact the office that provides your healthcard to get this info) and dental visits (contact the dentist)
2. copy of leases/mortgage
3. tax documents
4. employment letters or few paystubs from all employers you have worked for over 6 yrs.
5. copy of boarding passes for trips taken abroad over the last 6 yrs. Or print your transaction history from Aeroplan miles or any other frequent flyer program you have. These miles are only credited when you take a trip and show the departure and arrival destinations.
6. credit card/debit card transactions (these are only passive indicators of residence, since someone else could be using the cards and there's no sure way to knowing it was you)

May be others can add to the list. I would focus on passing the test, answer questions truthfully and hope for the best. No amount of stress can change what will be, so try not to be stressed. Best wishes on your test and the rest of the journey.

cassied said:
Hi folks
I am very stressed so any help will be appreciated.
Applied citizens in 2011 received RQ because i don't meet the residence requirements and then the judge decided to reject my application in march 2015. Again i applied in april 2015 and now i received a letter to passed the test in september 24.
I am so worried because i do not have all the passeport Who cover a residence period. I am afraid to get again a RQ.
So what do you advice me to carry with me to the interview?
Btw i was student until december 2014. Now i don't work yet.

Thank you very much

LovingMum

Jul 14, 2015
I hope someone can share their experiences with this.
I am a May applicant. My problem now is I cannot find the Original copy of the my childrens COPR, aged 14 & 12. I have copies which I used for our application, but with all the inputs from those who took the test, the Original copy of COPR is a must. I am the principal sponsor and I have my Original copy, only my Minors who does not have the Original. Thank you.

plus

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
When you send the application again - create a "cover page" for each applicant.
That way you make sure that you draw their attention for "each" applicant's information

In the cover page list the name of the applicant and the documents as per CIC checklist

Name: Mr John Smith

Documents enclosed
1. CIT 0002* (signed & dated)
2. IMM 5292 Confirmation of Permanent Residence (copies)
3. Permanent Resident Card (copies)
4. Proof of Language Evidence (copies)
5. Biographical pages of passport (copies)
6. Two pieces of identification (copies of passport and driver’s license)
7. Two citizenship photos (with names written behind)
8. On-line Residence Calculator (signed & dated)
9. Fees

Now with each of these documents, attach a "post-it flag" and the write the number associated with it as listed on your cover page.
For ex - On the photocopy of your PR card, put a post-it flag and label it #3 (which matches with the number listed on your cover page)
This just provides ease of navigating through all of the applicants supporting documents information.

You can buy the post-it flags at staples - they have them in several colours and are good to draw attention.
http://www.staples.ca/en/Post-it-Flags-1-2-Bright-Colours-140-Pack/product_428553_2-CA_1_20001

Also make sure that you send 2x the copies of your passport - one for #5 and one for #6 listed above

Hope this helps

Plus

plus

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Also another thread just to give you some ideas for better arrangments:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You need the original copy that was given during landing. If you can't find it, request "verification of status" for them from CIC and hope you get it in time for your test. It won't be an actual copy of the COPR, but will contain information from the COPR.

Here's more info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp
Read the guide before completing the form.

Do you already have a test date? Check your ecas. The checklist has a "proof of urgency, if applicable" check box, so you may use your test notice letter or print the info from ecas as a reason for urgency since it's required on test day or provide any other reasons you may have for urgency. Hope this helps.

LovingMum said:
I hope someone can share their experiences with this.
I am a May applicant. My problem now is I cannot find the Original copy of the my childrens COPR, aged 14 & 12. I have copies which I used for our application, but with all the inputs from those who took the test, the Original copy of COPR is a must. I am the principal sponsor and I have my Original copy, only my Minors who does not have the Original. Thank you.

cassied

Star Member
Apr 3, 2015
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
Take all passports you have (expired and current). Be ready to explain why you don't have some of them and bring police reports if any of them were lost/stolen(most, if not all, gov'ts require a police report in order to replace lost/stolen passports). Also bring any additional proof of residence like:
1. history of doctor visits (contact the office that provides your healthcard to get this info) and dental visits (contact the dentist)
2. copy of leases/mortgage
3. tax documents
4. employment letters or few paystubs from all employers you have worked for over 6 yrs.
5. copy of boarding passes for trips taken abroad over the last 6 yrs. Or print your transaction history from Aeroplan miles or any other frequent flyer program you have. These miles are only credited when you take a trip and show the departure and arrival destinations.
6. credit card/debit card transactions (these are only passive indicators of residence, since someone else could be using the cards and there's no sure way to knowing it was you)

May be others can add to the list. I would focus on passing the test, answer questions truthfully and hope for the best. No amount of stress can change what will be, so try not to be stressed. Best wishes on your test and the rest of the journey.
Thank you very much Senoritabella. You're great