+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can anyone tell me how MoM - International Accounting and Finance at University of Windsor is?

YsVV

May 25, 2017
1. Heard this program was designed for international students only, would this have any negative affect on the learning quality?
2. I also got an offer from Concordia University of Master of Economics, how is this program?
3. As I have been studying and working in Canada for almost 7 years. For the purpose of academic and immigration, and compare these two universities and programs, which one would be better for me? (I can't speak any French...)
Thank you guys and have a wonderful day!

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Hi. I've not heard of that MoM thing before, but I'm going to be studying at Concordia for MA in Economics too! What attracted me to Concordia is the bilingualism in Montreal, the great possibility of transitioning into permanent resident as offered by the Quebec government, as well as its Co-op programme which provides students to gain work experience during their studies.

Indeed you'll need to learn French for immigration purposes, which could be a hindrance for many. But hey, it's not so difficult to learn if you speak English well.

YsVV

May 25, 2017
Hi. I've not heard of that MoM thing before, but I'm going to be studying at Concordia for MA in Economics too! What attracted me to Concordia is the bilingualism in Montreal, the great possibility of transitioning into permanent resident as offered by the Quebec government, as well as its Co-op programme which provides students to gain work experience during their studies.

Indeed you'll need to learn French for immigration purposes, which could be a hindrance for many. But hey, it's not so difficult to learn if you speak English well.
Hi Jckailum, thank you for replying, but I still think French is very difficult for me...

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Concordia is a way better program than windsor. The university is ranked above windsor by all means. It’s a no brainier to pick Concordia. With regards to French, I don’t know why you applied to Concordia without knowing you’ll need to have French basic skills. It’s a mistake that you’ve short listed the university blindly without knowing the reality. Sorry if that sounded harsh but you should do your research before you apply somewhere.

Concordia Is the best choice for you. Note that MoM is not a masters program,it’s a terminating degree,which means you cannot use that to app,y for a phd in the future. Also, jobs in Windsor is nowhere close to opportunities in Montreal. Suggest you take Concordia and challenge your self to learn basic French it’s only gonna help you in Canada if your multilingual!