+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can an indian passport holder sponsor his same sex partner ?

bfneedshelp

Aug 8, 2010
grade i think u need to be a canadian citizen or a permanet resident to get your marriage a legal status .someone can comment on this as am not 100% sure

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
bfneedshelp said:
grade i think u need to be a canadian citizen or a permanet resident to get your marriage a legal status./quote]

See this at http://www.toronto.ca/marriage/index.htm: "There are no citizenship or residency requirements when applying for a marriage licence in Ontario." Other requirements are listed on that page. Every province is allowed to have different rules, so check the province you will be visiting. I'm fairly sure that no province in Canada requires residency or citizenship.

You cannot sponsor someone as your spouse/partner until after you are married or after at least one year in a qualifying common-law or conjugal partnership, and you have to be a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen to be a sponsor.

If you are already in a marriage or qualifying partnership before you get permanent residence, you are required to declare that when you apply. If you didn't declare it at that time, you can never sponsor your spouse/partner later.

mikotan

Jan 8, 2013
hello
im from the philippines i have a Bf he is from canada ive met him online last march 2012
and he decided to visit me in the philippines last july and we had a vacation in boracay
then he advised me to apply a TRV but cic refused my application dec 2012
now march 2013 we travel to thailand
i was thinking about applying in conjugal partner
do you think i will qualified in this please give me some advise thanks

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
mikotan said:
hello
im from the philippines i have a Bf he is from canada ive met him online last march 2012
and he decided to visit me in the philippines last july and we had a vacation in boracay
then he advised me to apply a TRV but cic refused my application dec 2012
now march 2013 we travel to thailand
i was thinking about applying in conjugal partner
do you think i will qualified in this please give me some advise thanks
To apply as conjugal partners, you have to be able to prove that you have been together in a marriage-like arrangement for a minimum of one year. You need a lot of evidence to show that you are behaving as if you were married, even though you are not living in the same location. You certainly can't claim that you considered yourselves the equivalent of married on the day you met online. You need to show how the relationship developed over time until it came to the point when you were the same as married and you have to wait for one year after that date. They will probably also ask why you didn't just get married. If you don't have a very good reason, it will seem extremely suspicious that you didn't just marry each other when you were together.

In the four messages I posted starting at the one in the following link, are some criteria that the courts in Canada have used to determine if a relationship is "marriage-like". You should start gathering evidence that show that you meet at lot of that criteria, although some of it will not apply if you are living apart:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html;msg357741#msg357741

If possible, get married in Thailand. That will help your application a lot, but they would still like evidence that shows how your relationship developed over time. Otherwise, it will look like the marriage was only for immigration purposes, and that wouldn't be valid for immigration. You will need to prove that your marriage is not only legal, but also "genuine."