+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Alcohol or smoking be a cause of rejection???

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Maaties said:
Qorax, have you tried the patches?
That was sweet of u "R" (Maaties).
In a lighter vein, my wife's the strongest 'patch', gives me the boot every time I light-up, but it doesn't seem to work on the Cigs issue.

Shrestha

Jun 30, 2010
qorax said:
Dunhill was AED6.00/pack in Dubai ($1=AED3.55).
Here it is $9.80/pack. Do your maths.

U r permitted to bring in 200 cigs/pax, duty free. If u r a smoker, don't waste that chance.
That means, it is 7 times expensive than in my country.

Well, 200 cigs/pax means, I can bring 400 cigs, :D with which I can go for nearly two months provided I do not get frustrated during job hunting, otherwise that may not last even for a month.

Qorax,

Count two packs from my side of totally different brand (for you) that you might have never tested or heard.

Shrestha.

Ade_bazzy

Jul 9, 2021
YES.HE CAN REJECT.
During medical examination DMP ask questions related to your health/medical history.
Out of various questions one question which he asks is do you take alcohol?
You have to reply either YES or NO.
If you say YES then next question will be how much? .
you reply a peg or 2 daily.Next he will ask 1 or 2 pegs?
Say you say 2 daily.
Which he calculates as 14 pegs a week.
If you by mistake say that week ends or sometimes with friends it is more than this, he will note down and mention in this questionnaire and calculate ur liquor consumption for whole month and put it in writing.
This medical report will go to medical section of the visa office and there they will calculate your total liquor consumption and if it exceeds the permissible limit then u are an "alcoholic".Visa officer will refuse you visa by mentioning that you have declared to DMP regarding alcohol so u will be burden on canadian exchequer because you will be required to attend various rehab centres to come out of it.
I have personally read this letter issued by CHC,New Delhi. And really enjoyed reading it because the affected guy was a "Sirdie" who was not actually a drunkard but was trying to ape 'canadian culture" and his perception is canadians drink even during day time.Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Medical officer will also ask a question.Did you ever have an illness like Typhoid?
If you say YES.Guess what happens.This will result in another howler.
Guesses?? I will reply in next post.

What if the medical officer asked if you have illness like Typhoid? If YES what's gonna happen ?