+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a W1 visa sponsor a spouse

jodicel81

Feb 25, 2012
Hi I applied for live in caregiver I recently got my visa with the category of W1 Worker, can I bring my husband with me if he applies for an open work permit... I am new at the Canadian immigration rules any information will be of help thank you.

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi
same sitution here. can some senior give advise.my NOC level is B.
thanks

jodicel81

Feb 25, 2012
@mandip the visa category that's on my passport is W1 Worker but I applied as a live in carer I am currently in the UK and is a BS in Physical therapy graduate I am aware that the LCP is under the NOC C type though I am still hoping that there is a chance that I could bring my husband with me, is there a chance that he could apply for an open work permit even though I will be working as a live in carer, will the W1 visa category that I have might be valid for my husband to apply for the opw?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jodicel81 said:
@ mandip the visa category that's on my passport is W1 Worker but I applied as a live in carer I am currently in the UK and is a BS in Physical therapy graduate I am aware that the LCP is under the NOC C type though I am still hoping that there is a chance that I could bring my husband with me, is there a chance that he could apply for an open work permit even though I will be working as a live in carer, will the W1 visa category that I have might be valid for my husband to apply for the opw?
No, as LIC your spouse is not eligible for an OWP.

denissed

Jan 20, 2012
jodicel81 said:
Hi I applied for live in caregiver I recently got my visa with the category of W1 Worker, can I bring my husband with me if he applies for an open work permit... I am new at the Canadian immigration rules any information will be of help thank you.
We have a similar situation! My husband is currently working under the LCP in Alberta for 7 months now and we are looking into ways we can follow him. Unfortunately, we do not qualify for the Spousal open work permit. The only other option I can think of is the temporary resident visa but I think its harder to get an approval for it. My son and I really want to be with my husband, I hope someone can give us more info about it so that we can be with our loved ones.

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Denissed,

Yes, applying for TRV is an option. But you have to prove to the VO that you will go home after your authorized stay. You have to give valid, truthful, and sufficient ties from your home country as immigration will know the current status of your spouse.

Good luck. :D

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

plussy said:
Hi Denissed,

Yes, applying for TRV is an option. But you have to prove to the VO that you will go home after your authorized stay. You have to give valid, truthful, and sufficient ties from your home country as immigration will know the current status of your spouse.

An additional problem will be the financing of the trip. Since the spouse is a LIC it is unlikely that his employer would allow the OP and the child to live with them. So CHC would look at where the poster intends to stay and the funds available.

jodicel81

Feb 25, 2012
denissed said:
We have a similar situation! My husband is currently working under the LCP in Alberta for 7 months now and we are looking into ways we can follow him. Unfortunately, we do not qualify for the Spousal open work permit. The only other option I can think of is the temporary resident visa but I think its harder to get an approval for it. My son and I really want to be with my husband, I hope someone can give us more info about it so that we can be with our loved ones.
@ denissed I've followed your posts someone adviced me yesterday to looked on it coz we have similar concerns I am a Filipino too but currently residing in the UK I got a visa for Canada and be leaving UK soon. I really don't know much about Canada's immigration and I have no clue how my husband can accompany me there. Is the visa category on your husband's passport is W1 ? I've also read u called up the CEM and said u can apply for an SOWP what happened to that?

denissed

Jan 20, 2012
plussy said:
Hi Denissed,

Hi! Thanks for the info! :)

denissed

Jan 20, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

An additional problem will be the financing of the trip. Since the spouse is a LIC it is unlikely that his employer would allow the OP and the child to live with them. So CHC would look at where the poster intends to stay and the funds available.
Thank you for that! I know that applying for TRV will be hard for us because of my hubby's job... And I know that we will only be together temporarily because we really have to go back home! I really dont know what to do next... :(

denissed

Jan 20, 2012
jodicel81 said:
@ denissed I've followed your posts someone adviced me yesterday to looked on it coz we have similar concerns I am a Filipino too but currently residing in the UK I got a visa for Canada and be leaving UK soon. I really don't know much about Canada's immigration and I have no clue how my husband can accompany me there. Is the visa category on your husband's passport is W1 ? I've also read u called up the CEM and said u can apply for an SOWP what happened to that?

I wont be applying for SOWP anymore. :( Yup, I called them 4x then they all said I can apply for it so I started gathering the required documents. I decided to call for the 5th time and I also sent an email about my concern so I can attach their reply with my cover letter (I was thinking it would not be a ground for disapproval since I was just confirming the info that the CEM gave me). But according to the email only those profession under the NOC 0, A and B are eligible to apply and since caregivers are under NOC C, I am not qualified. I was really shocked and was really disheartened with their reply. They are not consistent with the info they're giving out! The visa category is also the same for my husband, W1. I really dont know what to do next :(