+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a visitor to Canada apply for an extension again after being refused..?

Tangerine1727

Feb 10, 2012
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place I just really need some help.I am in Canada right now visiting my girlfriend and have been since October 13th 2011 I am supposed to leave on February 13th 2012. Pretty soon she is coming to the UK with me. We applied for me to get an extension of visitor status but it was refused. Would we be able to apply again online since we have new information and would I be able to stay in implied status? If it is applied again would we be able to get a lawyer to negotiate when I will leave? Would any of this affect me getting back in the future or affect her going to the UK with me? PLEASE ANSWER!!

perk

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2011
AOR Received.
Aug 4,2011
Med's Request
Sept 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
LANDED..........
12-3-2014
Apply for a TRP but do it before TRV runs out. Same form as you sent in for extention of TRV and you have to send reciept for payment $200.00. Also attatch a letter explaining why you want a TRP.
Good luck.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perk said:
Apply for a TRP but do it before TRV runs out. Same form as you sent in for extention of TRV and you have to send reciept for payment $200.00. Also attatch a letter explaining why you want a TRP.
Good luck.
Unless he's inadmissible, a TRP is not appropriate. So for him to be inadmissible, he would have to overstay and then apply. I wouldn't do it. And there would be no implied status.

Tangerine1727

Feb 10, 2012
I'm not inadmissable right now as it i still before when i have to leave. I need to know if I can apply for an extension again with new information and be given implied status and also if it would affect my girlfriend getting into the UK or me getting back here.

Tangerine1727

Feb 10, 2012
It should be noted that the CIC website says that you can apply for an extension as many times as you like as long as it is before the date you have to leave and I would be applying online so they would receive it instantly. I just need confirmation that this is OK.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to learn some patience. Yes, you can apply again but your likelihood of being approved is low. And no, this won't affect your girlfriend's ability to go to the UK or your ability to re-enter Canada at a later date as long as you abide by whatever decision you get.

Remember that this is an internet forum and very few people on here are actually qualified to give you LEGAL advice.

Kaycee1

Jan 17, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approved 24-02-2011
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
Med's Request
In process 20-05-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-06-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-11
LANDED..........
14-08-11
Why were you refused the first time? If something has changed I'd try it again, but if everything's still the same they will probably refuse you again

Tangerine1727

Feb 10, 2012
Forgive me. It's hard to be patient when we have so little time left. :( As for legal advice she is out sorting things out and speaking with a lawyer right now. We don't need the application to be approved, we just need to buy a couple of weeks until she is ready to come back with me.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Please go easy, Tangerine. We see all kinds of things on this forum and all of us are just trying to be with our loved ones. And so it is fair for Harju to characterize a short separation as a minor inconvenience when it is possible to get a 2 year or 10 year ban from Canada or even be denied PR status in Canada. I know one or two forum members who can not live in Canada with their spouse ever. I understand that for you it does not feel like a minor inconvenience but it is not wrong for harju to see it that way in the grand scheme of things in family class immigration.

I see no harm in applying again for an extension given your changed circumstances. If you apply you will buy a few weeks on implied status which I guess it is what you are looking for with this. If your new extension app is not decided before you leave, I recommend you cancel the app when you leave Canada. No harm that I can see, and you get your $75 back. If you cancel before decision made, i do not think it will affect any future plans for PR.

Of course, these are my opinions. I am not a legal expert in immigration.
Good luck to you and your girlfriend.
Allison