+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a student work full time?

StudyCanada12

Sep 23, 2021
Hello All.... I have applied for study permit. I am a software developer by profession from India. I have applied for 1 year graduate certificate. I want to know if I can continue working while studying in Canada?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
10 seconds google research you could have done yourself:

If you're eligible to work off-campus, you can work up to 20 hours per week while classes are in session. During scheduled breaks, like the summer or winter holidays and spring break, you're allowed to work more than 20 hours. You can only start working in Canada when you start your study program

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Hello All.... I have applied for study permit. I am a software developer by profession from India. I have applied for 1 year graduate certificate. I want to know if I can continue working while studying in Canada?
I don't think so. Your study should be your full-time commitment. You may be able to work part-time if you meet eligibility requirements.

StudyCanada12

Sep 23, 2021
10 seconds google research you could have done yourself:

If you're eligible to work off-campus, you can work up to 20 hours per week while classes are in session. During scheduled breaks, like the summer or winter holidays and spring break, you're allowed to work more than 20 hours. You can only start working in Canada when you start your study program
No need to b this rude.. I have done my 10 sec google research and I did not find answer to my question. I am not asking for canadian payroll job. It is kind of freelance work and will be in indian rupees. So is it allowed or not?

StudyCanada12

Sep 23, 2021
I don't think so. Your study should be your full-time commitment. You may be able to work part-time if you meet eligibility requirements.
Thanks for replying. I am not asking for Canadian payroll job. It is kind of freelance work and will be in indian rupees. So is it allowed or not?

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
No need to b this rude.. I have done my 10 sec google research and I did not find answer to my question. I am not asking for canadian payroll job. It is kind of freelance work and will be in indian rupees. So is it allowed or not?
At no point in your question you mentioned being paid in Indian money or working freelance... Don't blame me for being vague.