+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a refugee claimant apply for Express Entry too?

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Hi everyone. Asking for a friend...

"After receiving ITA, while filling the Express Entry application online, there are some statutory questions in the application that ask about previous applications to Canada. It also asks if you've applied for refugee status in Canada before. In my case the answer is yes to everything. My family applied for refugee in Canada (I was a minor) and it was not accepted and we were asked to leave (we did not overstay). Later I applied for a student visa and some years after a visit visa and both were rejected. What should I do in this case? Will this have any impact?"

Thanks in advance
There shouldn't be any issue. Wish you good luck

Lovely-Canada

Star Member
Jun 17, 2018
Just to confirm you haven't had a hearing yet so you'e still an asylum claimant.
Hi Experts ,
Today was my refugee case hearing,
Claim is denied.
Mr member said, I found you credible but claim is not acceptable due to IFA (internal flight alternative). I could've moved to another city in same country.

Any suggestions or guidelines to follow without paid lawyer to do myself for appeal or what pathway to be used to get PR?
Thanks in advance

Dec 9, 2019
Hello everyone,

does anyone know if while I am waiting on an answer for my refugee claim (never heard back since the application) I can also apply for Express Entry? I have a work permit and been working for the same employer for almost 5 years now.

Thanks!
Before i applied but nobody reply to me .I want to know thats my application States . can you help me?

Dec 9, 2019
Dear expert, i need your help .My application except or not i don’t know .How to know my application except or not .help me please.