+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a pregnant lady (less than 6 month) having valid work permit can travel to Canada

Waseems38

Mar 19, 2019
My wife is pregnant (less than 6 month) and she have a valid open work permit till Sep-2020.
Can she travel to Canada?
Is there would be any issue at immigration counter?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My wife is pregnant (less than 6 month) and she have a valid open work permit till Sep-2020.
Can she travel to Canada?
Is there would be any issue at immigration counter?
Yes, there could be an issue if she is visibly pregnant. How will the costs of the birth be covered?

Waseems38

Mar 19, 2019
Yes, there could be an issue if she is visibly pregnant. How will the costs of the birth be covered?
Thanks Canuck for your response. Yes Its visible, She was in Canada since Sep-2017 and in Sep-2018 she renewed her Work permit and for some family function she gone to Home country in Dec-2018 and now she want to come back. She also renewed her OHIP card and all medical are covered by OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Programme). I am little bit nervous if she travel then there would be any problem during Canadian Immigration as you said earlier. Please suggest. I am still in Canada Since Sep-2016.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks Canuck for your response. Yes Its visible, She was in Canada since Sep-2017 and in Sep-2018 she renewed her Work permit and for some family function she gone to Home country in Dec-2018 and now she want to come back. She also renewed her OHIP card and all medical are covered by OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Programme). I am little bit nervous if she travel then there would be any problem during Canadian Immigration as you said earlier. Please suggest. I am still in Canada Since Sep-2016.
Then she should be fine.

Waseems38

Mar 19, 2019
How did she renew her OHIP without proof that she would be working for at least 6 months?
No proof are required to apply for OHIP except Work permit/Passport/Current address proof, She applied for OHIP on the same day when she got new work permit and she left the Canada, After 1 month they sent OHIP card to mailing address.