+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a permanent residence applicant outside Canada come to Canada in the meantime?

julieneric

Mar 17, 2019
If my girlfriend and I have applied for her to become a permanent resident under the sponsor your conjugal partner program, but that she lives outside of Canada at the moment and I am in Canada, is it possible for her to join me here since she has a multiple entries (6months) temporary residence (visa)?

I'm curious because I know foreigners who apply for permanent residences from within Canada are not supposed to leave the country while it's being processed.

(I know she wouldn't be able to work but we would really like to be together and she can do things like learn French and volunteering to stay busy while this happens)

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If she has a TRV how do you qualify for conjugal sponsorship? There are no immigration barriers preventing you from being common law or getting married.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If my girlfriend and I have applied for her to become a permanent resident under the sponsor your conjugal partner program, but that she lives outside of Canada at the moment and I am in Canada, is it possible for her to join me here since she has a multiple entries (6months) temporary residence (visa)?

I'm curious because I know foreigners who apply for permanent residences from within Canada are not supposed to leave the country while it's being processed.

(I know she wouldn't be able to work but we would really like to be together and she can do things like learn French and volunteering to stay busy while this happens)

Thanks!
If she has a TRV, you don't qualify for conjugal. You will likely waste a year or more before being refused. You should withdraw the conjugal app and either marry or become common-law in Canada.