+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can a newcomer Grade 3 Student be admitted in mid of Fall Semester in School

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
Hi,

We are planning to make a landing as PR in Canada in October, thats like mid of first term for Elementary schools,

i have 3 kids, Grade 1 ,2 and KG2.

we are going to land in Toronto or Hamilton,

but we dont have a residence yet.

my questions are:

1- Can I register and admit my kitds into school in mid of first term, or we do have to wait for the winter term ?

2- I still dont have a permenenat address, we might at start rent short term rental place until we settle, would the school accept the temporarily address.?

3- is the student marks book for previous year a must for registration.

thank you

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
No, don't wait. It would be best to have a permanent address but it is what it is. Usually they want to see some documents from the previous school. Contact the school board for help as they usually have an office to deal with international arrivals.

Reactions: Yorker13

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
No, don't wait. It would be best to have a permanent address but it is what it is. Usually they want to see some documents from the previous school. Contact the school board for help as they usually have an office to deal with international arrivals.
No to which Question exactly , thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

We are planning to make a landing as PR in Canada in October, thats like mid of first term for Elementary schools,

i have 3 kids, Grade 1 ,2 and KG2.

we are going to land in Toronto or Hamilton,

but we dont have a residence yet.

my questions are:

1- Can I register and admit my kitds into school in mid of first term, or we do have to wait for the winter term ?

2- I still dont have a permenenat address, we might at start rent short term rental place until we settle, would the school accept the temporarily address.?

3- is the student marks book for previous year a must for registration.

thank you
You will need more than an AirBnB address. Once you have leased something permanently so you know where you will be living then you should register. You don’t need to be living in the home yet but that is a big region. Where you are staying temporarily is unlikely to be your permanent location or even school board. Previous school records are not needed for young children.

Reactions: Yorker13

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
You will need more than an AirBnB address. Once you have leased something permanently so you know where you will be living then you should register. You don’t need to be living in the home yet but that is a big region. Where you are staying temporarily is unlikely to be your permanent location or even school board. Previous school records are not needed for young children.

how about admission to school in mid of fall term

would it be acceptable ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
how about admission to school in mid of fall term

would it be acceptable ?
Yes he will be admitted at any point except if it is right before the end of term when it would make no sense. You’ll also need to provide immunization records.