+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a member of family who resides in Canada already land seperately for PR?

i4ali

Jun 3, 2014
Hello,
I am residing in Canada(on work permit basis). Me and my family got our permanent visa issued at London office in UK. My other family members are going to land from UAE(United Arab Emirates). Do I need to go back to my family in UAE and land in Canada again with them or can I land within Canada and obtain PR? Can someone clarify?

noosh

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2008 SAP
Doc's Request.
22-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2008
Med's Request
14-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
23-06-2014
you don't need to go back to UAE, you can either "land" via inland offices (I believe this process is longer) or go to USA. This forum does mention something about "flag-poling", which for some reason makes me feel uneasy, I would rather apply for a USA visa first then go to the border for shopping (yay).

I came across this topic posted before on:

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/regarding-inland-landing-qorax-and-seniors-plz-help-t92081.0.html

Quote from: qorax on June 01, 2011, 10:43:18 pm
Canadian Residents Becoming a PR "within Canada"

One doesn't really require to "Flag-Pole" nowadays... we could 'validate' our PRVs "in Canada" itself:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.9. Becoming a permanent resident
To become a permanent resident, any foreign national outside Canada needs to present their permanent resident visa at a port of entry to Canada. However, applicants whose permanent resident visa is issued while they are in Canada with a valid temporary resident status may:
 Contact the Call Centre to request an appointment at a local CIC office to become a permanent resident at that location; or[/color]
 Leave Canada and become a permanent resident upon re-entry to Canada at a port of entry.

NOTE:
Please note that if you are already in Canada and have a valid temporary resident status, you now have the option of obtaining your permanent resident status in Canada as opposed to leaving Canada and re-entering at a port of entry. [For this purpose] Please contact CIC's Call Centre at 1 888 242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment with the Citizenship and Immigration office nearest to your place of residence. (You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted from:
- OP7(B)
- Operational Bulletin 076