+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a Manitoba PNP PR move and settle in another province?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hope you are wrong. After their friends were nice enough to sponsor them to come to Canada that would be very cruel.
How about if their friends were hand in glove with this plan?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Who knows. If they both are they should both get punished then.
Agree- it'd also mean a million immigrants like this before them should also be punished. I personally know many unfortunately- anything to secure a future in Canada.

mhv

Dec 6, 2013
Sorry, I do not take private messages.

As an FYI, the people I know who lost PR because of this AND were deported AND banned for misrepresentation were DISCOVERED by IRCC when:

1. They applied for a new PR card
2. They applied for citizenship

Yes, this meant that they have been in Canada for a while and ALL of them APPEALED and subsequently LOST their appeal. I remember 2 of them even appealed based on H&C that there were Canadian biological children that needed them to stay in the country.
Were they inland or express entry applicants?

C1C2

Dec 8, 2020
If you read the previous discussions, including observations posted by the participant who personally knows multiple individuals who lost PR status after moving to another province, you should clearly see that Charter mobility rights are NOT implicated.

The move to another province is NOT grounds to revoke status. And it is very unlikely this happens.

But a move to another province, particularly a move rather soon, can TRIGGER an inquiry into whether the sponsored PR status was obtained by fraud . . . involving a misrepresentation by the PR himself or herself, or by someone involved in process like a personal sponsor or an employer providing information.

Technically a misrepresentation as to intention may be the misrepresentation which supports a decision to revoke PR status, and a move to another province soon after landing might be considered evidence indicating there was a lack of the represented intent to settle in the province. My sense is this is NOT a usual case. My sense is that IRCC will ordinarily focus on cases in which particular false facts can be identified (such as an employer's letter containing untruthful information, which appears to be one of the more common types of fraud, where a former employer affirms the PR-applicant has employment experience the individual did not really have . . . oft times this is about the position and duties of that position, in order to meet experience requirements). However, if IRCC is provided direct evidence of the individual actually making arrangements to take employment or otherwise planning a move to another province prior to the date the PR lands, that would probably be sufficient for IRCC to follow through in revoking the PR's status.

All of which is to say that just because there is an optical link between the move to another province and subsequent revocation of status action by IRCC, the revocation action itself is predicated on fraud NOT on the subsequent move to another province. No charter mobility rights implicated.
I am facing almost the same situation. I need your advice. PN applicant who came to the nominated province just to obtain their PR card, and move to the other province just within a week. Now being a support of the applicant do I need to inform the PN office OR CIC TIP line OR should I just let it go. Please advise, who should I inform is it worth it to inform, it if yes then who should I inform.

• Sad
Reactions: YVR123

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I am facing almost the same situation. I need your advice. PN applicant who came to the nominated province just to obtain their PR card, and move to the other province just within a week. Now being a support of the applicant do I need to inform the PN office OR CIC TIP line OR should I just let it go. Please advise, who should I inform is it worth it to inform, it if yes then who should I inform.
I am not qualified to give "advice." Not by a long shot.

And questions like this readily expose gaps in what I know. I do not know what your obligations or responsibilities are in this scenario, let alone what you need or can do in that regard.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you sponsored them then you will no longer be able to sponsor people in the future. Not sure reporting them will do much but you can certainly try. It's unfortunate that your friend did this to you.

• Sad
Reactions: YVR123

royale

Aug 16, 2013
Reading above implied they were MPNP applicants.but losing PR status due to misrepresentation would not matter which program applied through.
It does. If someone from another country was sponsored by the province through PNP, for example, MB, and they leave MB the next day after they receive the PR card, it could be considered as fraud.

In my case, I worked for over 1 year in MB, applied for PNP through them which took approx 6 months, and waited approx 1 year for PR. Once I got my PR Card in the mid 2019, I left MB to BC after 2 months as I was unable to find a good paying job, as well as the cold was affecting my health (this won’t be the reason that I will provide if they enquire). In my case, I am pretty sure they won’t be able to find anything that could be misrepresentation or fraud.