+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can a legitimate marriage already both living here legally ever be declined?

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
if a couple are in love and truly legitimately married, and there is no criminal record or anything like that, and the spouse is here on work permit legally, can they ever possibly be declined and told to split up and send one of the spouse's back to their native country?

I get scared reading some of the interrogation and stuff that some people go through with here, and wonder if things could go wrong in being judged by a government employee for a legitimate married couple that could cause the breaking apart of a true couple?

worried about worse case scenarios, we are so in love I am losing sleep just thinking of the possibility of ever being told to split apart :'(

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
volkov said:
if a couple are in love and truly legitimately married, and there is no criminal record or anything like that, and the spouse is here on work permit legally, can they ever possibly be declined and told to split up and send one of the spouse's back to their native country?

I get scared reading some of the interrogation and stuff that some people go through with here, and wonder if things could go wrong in being judged by a government employee for a legitimate married couple that could cause the breaking apart of a true couple?

worried about worse case scenarios, we are so in love I am losing sleep just thinking of the possibility of ever being told to split apart :'(
Yes, of course. If the CIC has doubts about the marriage that you can't overcome, then they will reject the application. Does it happen? Yes, but rarely.

The thing to do is stop worrying about it because that isn't going to help.

CherPare

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
Of course it can happen. This is why you must double and triple check your application and any proof you send in. As long as you truly are a legitimate couple you should have no problems showing that to CIC.

But realistically, they can't tell you to 'split apart'. If you get rejected you have the option of applying again or moving to the other person's country. No one can tell you to split up if you truly love each other you'll find a way to be together.

But that's besides the point. Just make sure your application is complete and you have good solid proof of your relationship! :)

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
ok thanks, I got worried reading the forum, because there is a large age gap between us (25 years) and we will not have been married long so it was scary when I saw these factors mentioned as being possible hassles, although we are like soulmates and belong together, we have the greatest relationship, I hope there will be no hassles because moving out of Canada would be a real problem for both of us as we are established here and we belong here together

CherPare

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
These two factors may be seen in a more scrutinizing way (But still, it's not like you're the first couple that is not close in age!) but isn't a guarantee that you will be rejected. :)

I understand your suffering. I worried endlessly about our less than spectacular wedding (Since in Canada many couples find it necessary to spend the price of a lexus on a wedding LOL) and I still do think about it now even though it is a very minor issue... not to mention the only possible thing that can be seen as 'out of the norm' in our case.

In my opinion, it definitely helps that you two are living here together as you may have more 'substantial' proof to send in. Such as more photographs, joint bank accounts, joint-living arrangements... even just having letters from friends and family you see on a regular basis is easier to gather when you live in the same country.

I think you have an advantage in that sense. Imagine how much more difficult it would be if one lived in their native country and the spouse here! It can still be done, of course, and has many many times by other couples, but you definitely should have an easier time proving your genuine relationship. And an interview would be scary and nerve wracking but it would give you a chance to explain any of those issues in your own words in real-time to the person responsible for your case. I see that as a positive!

Don't think about it too much, you are not the first couple in your shoes! :p

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
Think about it as nose picking. Do you always pick your nose? No. Do you often pick your nose? Hopefully not. Do you on occasion, when you think no one is looking, pick your nose? Yes, of course.

Forgive me if I've assumed wrong, but over the last five years, spousal outland applications through Moscow have varied from 78% approval to 92% approval. The numbers are in your favour, so do your best and let the chips fall where they may.

Estifanos2013

Jan 6, 2015
volkov said:
ok thanks, I got worried reading the forum, because there is a large age gap between us (25 years) and we will not have been married long so it was scary when I saw these factors mentioned as being possible hassles, although we are like soulmates and belong together, we have the greatest relationship, I hope there will be no hassles because moving out of Canada would be a real problem for both of us as we are established here and we belong here together
25 years gap is a red flag.
Expect extra scrutiny.