+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a intern doctor qualify as a live-in caregiver

blusky

Dec 6, 2013
I am an intern doctor from China. Could anyone please tell me if I am qualified to apply as a live-in caregiver in Canada? Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

blusky said:
I am an intern doctor from China. Could anyone please tell me if I am qualified to apply as a live-in caregiver in Canada? Thank you.
Probably not. the LCP program requires

"To claim work experience, you need to have worked for one year, including at least six months of continuous employment for the same employer. This work experience must be in a field or occupation specific to what you will do as a live-in caregiver. This experience must have been acquired within the three years immediately before the day on which you make an application for a work permit as a caregiver.

To claim training, it must have been full-time training in a classroom setting. Areas of study could be early childhood education, geriatric care, pediatric nursing or first aid."

rrrrrreBecca

Dec 4, 2013
blusky said:
Probably. It depends on the type of client you are going to take care. If he/she is someone who suffers from severe illness, you may be qualified.

ynahvie

Star Member
Nov 23, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blusky said:

I guess you can qualify cause you finished medical field course. You don't need to have experience.

Canph

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
blusky said:
Just submitted my application. Will keep you posted. Thanks again, everyone.
Hi Blusky,

Which is your visa office? Do you know anyone who has qualified in the similar way?
Looking forward

blusky

Dec 6, 2013
Canph said:
Hi Blusky,

Which is your visa office? Do you know anyone who has qualified in the similar way?
Looking forward
I submitted to the Guangzhou visa application centre. They will send my application to Beijing visa office.
No. I don't really know anyone who has the same qualification. Sorry.

chief0422

Apr 6, 2011
yes... my friend is a graduate of nurse from Philippines and he applied as live-in-caregiver here and he got a visa. She is not a board passer. Anyone can apply here as Live-in Caregiver even they dont have a LCP training as long as there line of education is medical. That is according to my friend.

blusky said:

blusky

Dec 6, 2013
chief0422 said:
yes... my friend is a graduate of nurse from Philippines and he applied as live-in-caregiver here and he got a visa. She is not a board passer. Anyone can apply here as Live-in Caregiver even they dont have a LCP training as long as there line of education is medical. That is according to my friend.
That's good to know. Thanks, chief0422. A quick question, about your friend, does she need to pass the IELTS exam?

chief0422

Apr 6, 2011
My friend is from Philippines, IELTS is not required for Live iin Caregiver from Philippines instead they are require to take an Speak Test (Computer based testing, according to her the question is regarding life support ).

blusky said:
That's good to know. Thanks, chief0422. A quick question, about your friend, does she need to pass the IELTS exam?