+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a Government employee in Pakistan get a job in Canada

Emohashmi

Jan 5, 2021
Hi everyone,
I hope you all are fine.

I would like to know that i am a Government employee in Pakistani Government but i want to move Canada, can i get a Work Visa on Government Employee Passport?

Please help/guide me asap.

Thanking you anticipation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How are you eligible for a work visa? You need an employer who has an approved LMIA to show no Canadian to do the job. Then you apply for a closed work permit. The process takes many months. If you want to immigrate then look at Express Entry. You need education assessments and language tests to apply.

Reactions: Emohashmi

cic86

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Just a suggestion - Please donot leave your secure govt job in Pakistan for a private job in Canada, it's not worth it. Only do so if you have a confirmed govt job in Canada.

Reactions: Emohashmi

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone,
I hope you all are fine.

I would like to know that i am a Government employee in Pakistani Government but i want to move Canada, can i get a Work Visa on Government Employee Passport?

Please help/guide me asap.

Thanking you anticipation.
If you have the proper documents and a job offer, yes you can get the job

Emohashmi

Jan 5, 2021
Just a suggestion - Please donot leave your secure govt job in Pakistan for a private job in Canada, it's not worth it. Only do so if you have a confirmed govt job in Canada.
I do not see any future in Government job here, therefore i am willing to move Canada to secure the future of my family.

Emohashmi

Jan 5, 2021
How are you eligible for a work visa? You need an employer who has an approved LMIA to show no Canadian to do the job. Then you apply for a closed work permit. The process takes many months. If you want to immigrate then look at Express Entry. You need education assessments and language tests to apply.
I am not having any work visa, just trying to clear my view, whether i should try for work visa or should i prefer to move on student visa in a DLI which allows me to apply for PR

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well you cannot “try‘ for a work visa unless you have an employer with an approved LMIA. If you are looking at study permits, you need to show why a Canadian education will help your career in Pakistan.